Baked Rotini with Italian Hot Sausage. Delicious sausages made with premium ingredients. Find Deals on Italian Hot Sausage in Seasonings on Amazon. Baked Rotini with Italian Sausage is savory, cheesy, and a little spicy.
In a large pot sauté the Italian sausage (remove from casing), ground beef, fresh mushrooms, onion, green pepper, and fresh garlic, breaking up your ground beef and Italian sausages as you cook it.cook until meats are browned and veggies are tender.drain any fat from pot. Rotini pasta is tossed with Italian sausage meatballs, spaghetti sauce, and mozzarella cheese then baked to cheesy perfection. A delicious spin on spaghetti night! You can cook Baked Rotini with Italian Hot Sausage using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Rotini with Italian Hot Sausage
- Prepare 1 box of rotini pasta (16 ounce).
- It’s 1 (1 lb) of Italian Hot Sausage(OR Sweet sausage).
- It’s 1-1 lb. of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 package of fresh mushrooms (sliced).
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- You need of Fresh minced garlic (about 6 cloves).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Basil leaves.
- It’s of Sprinkle Black Pepper.
- You need 1-28 ounce of can crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of -can Condensed Tomato Soup.
- It’s 1 of – soup can milk.
- You need of Mozzarella cheese (8 ounce bag), shredded.
- It’s of Salt for boiling pasta.
- You need of Cooking spray.
We're putting a little spin on spaghetti night! This recipe is an easy and unique way to make spaghetti and meatballs without a ton of ingredients. Add tomatoes, tomato paste and Port wine; mix well. For this baked pasta dish, the sausage is browned and then combined with a super quick tomato sauce.
Baked Rotini with Italian Hot Sausage instructions
- In a large pot sauté the Italian sausage (remove from casing), ground beef, fresh mushrooms, onion, green pepper, and fresh garlic, breaking up your ground beef and Italian sausages as you cook it……cook until meats are browned and veggies are tender….drain any fat from pot…..
- Add to sautéed meat mixture and veggies the black pepper, Italian seasoning, oregano and basil leaves, stir gently……
- Add crushed tomatoes and tomato soup with the soup can of milk, cook on low heat, covered, for 30 minutes……stirring gently……
- Meanwhile boil water for your pasta, don’t forget to add a little bit of salt 🧂 to the water !!! Boil until pasta is slightly done, but not completely cooked……Drain pasta, but leave just a small amount of water in the pot, your going to add this yummy pasta water with the pasta to your sauce….. 😋.
- Mix cooked and mostly drained pasta into sausage / ground beef / veggie mixture, mix all well………
- Pour all into a greased 13×9 inch baking pan that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray……
- Put shredded mozzarella cheese over your pasta sausage mixture…..
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until mozzarella cheese is melted and top is nicely browned…….
- Serve and enjoy 😉!.
It all gets combined with cooked rigatoni and finished with dollops of a ricotta and mozzarella cheese topping. Lovely served with crusty bread and a salad. We love Italian sausage sandwiches, but because the bread isn't diet-friendly for me, I created this recipe to satisfy my craving. If you like some heat, use hot peppers in place of the sweet peppers. —Tina Howells, Salem, Ohio Italian sausage pasta is often made with red sauce, but this creamy baked ziti makes a nice change of pace. Plenty of melted cheese and butter makes it lusciously rich.