3 pepper Tamale Pie. Slowly add cornmeal mixture; stirring constantly to make sure it does not lump. Return to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in butter and honey and season with salt and coarse black pepper.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Stir tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, olives, chili powder, garlic, cumin, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper into the skillet. Reduce heat to low and stir in cornmeal, a little at a time, stirring vigorously with each addition until smooth and thickened. You can have 3 pepper Tamale Pie using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 3 pepper Tamale Pie
- You need 2 pounds of ground sirloin.
- You need 1 half of large onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 of poblano peppers chopped.
- You need 1 of jalepeno chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chipotle powder.
- Prepare 1 (16 oz) of can enchilada sauce (hot).
- Prepare 3 boxes of jiffy corn bread mix.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 (16 oz) of can mexicorn.
- You need 1 1/3 cups of Mexican blend shredded cheese.
Myself, I didn't care for it and next time I'm in the mood for Tamale Pie, I will look for a different recipe. Probably one of the other ones that used a Jiffy cornbread mix. It comes from love – a love of burritos, which began at a young age. It comes from love – a love of burritos, which began at a young age.
3 pepper Tamale Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350• F.
- Sauté onions with butter in high rimmed pan until translucent, then add poblanos and continue for about 3 minutes..
- Add beef 🥩 to pan and brown, stirring in salt, oregano, and chipotle powder..
- When browned, add enchilada sauce, reduce to medium/low heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Make one box of cornbread using 1 egg and 1/3 cup milk 🥛 grease a large glass baking dish and spread batter along the bottom..
- Drain corn 🌽 and layer atop corn bread, spread beef over corn..
- Make remaining 2 corn bread boxes using 2 eggs and 2/3 cups milk, add jalepeno and 1 cup cheese to this mix, spread atop beef..
- Bake at 350• for 40 minutes.
- Spread 1/3 cup cheese 🧀 on top, bake for another 10 minutes..
- DONESKIES! Take a snapshot & let us know if you did anything differently!.
While other kids were playing with LEGOs, Stretch Armstrong and the brand new Atari, we were playing in the kitchen… making – you guessed it. Grease a large oven-safe skillet with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together corn muffin mix, egg, sour cream, and creamed corn. Tamale pie is a holdover from America's first flush of romance with Mexican cuisine. The love affair hasn't let up — not with the lure of cornbread, cheese, and chili, even when made with turkey.