Roasted Chicken Thighs with Hot Italian Sausage. Quality products from the family company you trust: Johnsonville Sausages. Find New Ways To Cook Chicken! Browse Our Full List Of Flavorful Recipes Today.
I often use Molinari sweet Italian sausage from Piedmont Grocery. I really like the flavor of this sausage. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, garlic, hot sauce, seasonings and, if desired, browning sauce. You can have Roasted Chicken Thighs with Hot Italian Sausage using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Chicken Thighs with Hot Italian Sausage
- Prepare 4 pounds of chicken thighs (boneless / skinless).
- It’s 1 pack of hot or sweet Italian sausage (you can use the large family pack).
- You need 2 of yellow onions (cut into wedges).
- Prepare 1 of large green pepper (or your choice of red,yellow…..) cut into strips.
- You need 4 of large red potatoes, cut into wedges.
- You need of Baby carrots (about half of bag or less) or you can throw in the 1 pound bag.
- You need 4 of heaping tablespoons Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 4 of heaping tablespoons garlic powder (or use fresh crushed garlic), if your using fresh garlic, mince ALOT.
- You need 1 can of chicken broth.
- It’s of Sprinkle of black pepper.
Notes to make this Easy One Pan Roasated Chicken, Sausage and Potato Dinner! I used a combo of thighs and drumsticks. Bone in will ensure the potatoes and sausage get cooked up at the same time. This is one of my favorite casseroles!
Roasted Chicken Thighs with Hot Italian Sausage instructions
- Rinse chicken thighs in cold water and place in a very large baking dish…….
- Cut up : onions, green pepper, potatoes, and place in baking dish with the baby carrots surrounding the chicken thighs…..
- Cut up your Italian sausages in half and place on top of the chicken and the veggies…….
- Sprinkle the remaining ingredients: Italian seasoning, garlic powder or fresh crushed garlic, black pepper…..
- Pour your can of chicken broth into the baking dish….. You can also use low sodium chicken broth for this recipe……
- Cover. Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour and 45 min……
- Uncover baking pan and increase oven temperature to 500 degrees….. You’ll be making the sausages nice and crispy and any excess liquid in the baking pan will evaporate..
- Cook at 500 degrees for 20 min…….
- Remove from oven and enjoy ! 😋.
Chicken pieces with vegetables and Italian sausages baked in an oven. You can also prepare this delicious casserole in a slow cooker. How to Prepare Italian Sausage Casserole in Slow Cooker. Serve it over cooked pasta, in baked potatoes or with crusty bread. Chicken Scarpariello is a classic Italian-American recipe with juicy chicken thighs, sweet Italian sausage, and a vinegary, sweet-sour pan sauce.