Sausage and Peppers (Cajun) over Penne. Sausage and colorful bell peppers in a tomato sauce are served over penne pasta in this simple weeknight dish. All Reviews for Sausage and Pepper Penne. Serve sausage and pepper cooked in tomato over your pasta – a wonderful meal.
Atkins welcomes you to try our delicious Sausage and Peppers over Penne recipe for a low carb lifestyle. In a large skillet heat oil over medium-low heat. When the oil is hot, add the sausages and brown them slowly. You can cook Sausage and Peppers (Cajun) over Penne using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sausage and Peppers (Cajun) over Penne
- Prepare 1 lb of package of Hot Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 of Green bell peppers (Chopped).
- It’s 2 of White Onion (Chopped).
- You need 12 oz of tomato basil sauce (half a jar).
- Prepare 14 oz of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 14 oz of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped hot peppers.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped jalapenos.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Cajun seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 box of penne to serve over.
- It’s of Notes.
- You need of I use B&G Hot Chopped Peppers and Cento Diced Jalapeno Peppers.
Sausage Pasta with Cajun Cream Sauce. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Indeed, Cajun Chicken Pasta with Sausage just seemed like a natural choice! Quick and easy dinner is always something I have on my mind.
Sausage and Peppers (Cajun) over Penne instructions
- Decide how you'll be cooking the sausage. If oven baking you want to prep them now. If you decide to grill them you can do that while the chili simmers..
- In a large pot, start cooking the ground beef over medium heat. When the beef is almost done, drain the fat and add the chopped peppers and onions..
- Add the tomato basil sauce, crushed and diced tomatoes, seasoning and hot peppers and jalapenos. Keep the heat at medium until the mixture begins to boil..
- Cover and put on low heat after boil. Cooking time should be around 45 minutes. Check the sliced peppers for tenderness. If you like your sausage whole or sliced, you can add them now to the pot..
- This recipe can be served over an entire box of penne pasta. But depending on your preference start by cooking half a box..
- Once "chili" is done, serve over cooked penne and enjoy!.
Although I made mine using Penne pasta (like Chili's Cajun Chicken Pasta penne dish), you can also use linguine here. Additionally, rigatoni is a popular option. Next, you're going to stir in your broth and penne pasta, then cover the pot with a lid leaving a small crack on the sides. A sausage and peppers dish, using spicy Cajun sausage, pan seared cabbage wedges, sweet onion and diced tomatoes with green chilies, served over rice. I'm also using a Cajun variety of Conecuh from Alabama, which is an andouille style of smoked sausage and pretty spicy.