Hot Krab & Asparagus Dip. How to Make Cheesy Hot Crab Dip. Lump crab meat comes canned and you also may find it at the butcher counter in some grocery stores. Great recipe for Hot Krab & Asparagus Dip.
The Krab Hut Special (house blend) with the hot spicy level was so delicious! The shrimp came out hot and fresh. Unfortunately the flounder wasn't the greatest so I would opt for another dish. You can cook Hot Krab & Asparagus Dip using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hot Krab & Asparagus Dip
- It’s 1/2 pound of fresh asparagus (usually half a bunch), tough ends snapped off, cut into 1/4" pieces.
- You need 8 oz of surimi/imitation crab, shredded or chopped into small 1/4"-ish chunks (if frozen, thaw and squeeze out all excess water).
- It’s 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or whatever melty cheese you have on hand).
- It’s 1/3 cup of shredded or grated Parmesan.
- You need 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/2 block of cream cheese brought to room temperature.
- You need 1 of small clove garlic, grated (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, not garlic salt).
- Prepare of zest of 1/2 a lemon.
- You need 1.5 Tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
The portion size was just enough for the both of us. You can use your bartering skills and try to get this price cheaper. Hot Crab Dip makes the perfect party appetizer. Hot Crab Dip Football season is here.
Hot Krab & Asparagus Dip instructions
- Preheat oven to 375F..
- Pan-roast the asparagus and lightly salt (about 1/8 teaspoon). Put 1/2 teaspoon olive oil in pan, preheat to medium high, and roast for about 10 minutes, re-distributing the asparagus once or twice. Asparagus should be tender but not mushy..
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir with a spoon or fork to thoroughly combine. Make sure you break down all the chunks of cream cheese..
- Place mixture in a small baking dish (roughly 5"x 8")..
- Bake for 30 minutes, and serve with crackers or crusty bread..
- Enjoy! :).
Imitation crab is a seafood product made from surimi, or Asian fish paste, and is often known as Krab in the United States. Krab is sold in chunks or sticks and is usually found in the fresh seafood section of most grocery stores. Covered here are dread escalations, Nestors, and more! Hot Mess Krab Mix, Cream Cheese, Jalapeño, Tempura Fried, topped with Hot Mess Mix, Fried Wonton, Sweet Soy Sauce, Scallion * Togarashi. Baby Dragon Eel, Cucumber, topped with Avocado, Sweet Soy Sauce & sesame Seeds.