Mike's Hot Giardiniera. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Great recipe for Mike's Hot Giardiniera. Giardiniera which means, "Italian Picked Vegetables." It's a delicious condiment that's spicy, sweet, salty and tangy all at the same time.
The vegetables are mostly carrots, celery, cauliflower, and the common peppers found in most Chicago-style giardiniera mixes. Because it is a soybean-oil-based mix like Alpino, it has a higher viscosity than those giardiniera mixes based upon lighter vegetable or seed oils, such as. The Mike's Hot Honey you love is available in a variety of sizes to meet all of your needs. You can cook Mike's Hot Giardiniera using 37 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Hot Giardiniera
- You need of ● For The Vegetables [all peepers & onions to be jullianned].
- It’s 2 of EX LG Firm Cucumbers [peeled].
- It’s 3 of English Cucumbers [unpeeled].
- You need 1 of EX LG Viadalia Onion.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Red Onions.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Green Onions.
- It’s 8 Cloves of Garlic [smashed & minced].
- You need 1/2 Cup of Chopped Celery Stalks.
- It’s 1 Cup of Baby Carrots [optional].
- You need 1 of Green Bell Pepper [deseeded].
- You need 4 of LG Red Sweet Baby Bell Peppers [deseeded].
- You need 4 of LG Orange Sweet Baby Bell Peppers [deseeded].
- Prepare 4 of LG Yellow Sweet Baby Bell Peppers [deseeded].
- You need 3 of EX LG Jalapeno Peppers [deseeded].
- You need 1/2 Cup of Cauliflower Florets.
- It’s of ● For The Mason Jar Seasoning [to taste – good dashes of each].
- It’s of Whole Peppercorns.
- Prepare of Crushed Leaves Bay.
- Prepare of Habenero Pepper Flakes.
- It’s of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare of Oregano.
- Prepare of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare of Granulated Onion Powder.
- You need of Fine Minced Fresh Garlic.
- You need of ● For The Boiled Brine.
- You need 2.5 Cups of White Vinager.
- You need 8 Cups of Filtered Water.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- You need 4 tbsp of Course Sea Salt [more if desired].
- It’s of ● For The Options.
- You need of Green Olives.
- Prepare of Thin Sliced Cabbage.
- You need of ● For The Equipment.
- You need 12 of Sterilized Half Pint Mason Or Kerr Jars.
- Prepare 1 Squeeze of Bottle White Vinager [to serve on the side].
From gifts to on-the-go to gallon jugs, we've got you covered. Chicago is the birth place of the Italian Beef Sandwich and Chicago Style Giardiniera. This is Da Coach's Hall of Fame Recipe for giardiniera which is truly unique in taste, and heat. The Mix: select peppers, cauliflower, celery, carrots, olives.
Mike's Hot Giardiniera instructions
- Chop all vegetables..
- Add your seasonings to the base of your Mason jars to taste..
- Add your vegetables into your jars..
- Create and boil your brine..
- Fill your jars just shy of the tops with your hot brine. Cap tightly and shake vigorously..
- Turn your hot jars upside down. Leave them until they cool down. This will help the lids seal.Shake them up occasionally..
- .Refrigerate for 2 days or longer. It only gets better with time. Again, shaking jars or flipping them over occasionally. Serve with a side of additional vinager. Enjoy!.
As its name suggests, the vegetables are well pickled, with a great flash of vinegar at the end of each bite. So it's too bad they are also soft. Ditka's Hot Giardiniera is a soybean-oil-based giardiniera mix. The vegetables are mostly carrots, celery, cauliflower, and the common peppers found in most Chicago-style giardiniera mixes. Because it is a soybean-oil-based mix like Alpino, it has a higher viscosity than those giardiniera mixes based upon lighter vegetable or seed oils, such as.