Braised Chicken w/ Peppers. Great recipe for Braised Chicken w/ Peppers. This is an easy dinner to prepare. It is moist (thigh meat) with lots of Italian flavor.
It tastes like it spent hours in the oven, even though it's done in about an hour. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Wash the green pepper and millet spicy. You can have Braised Chicken w/ Peppers using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Braised Chicken w/ Peppers
- Prepare 8 of chicken thighs.
- It’s Dash of salt, pepper, paprika, and dried thyme.
- You need 3 tbs. of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of red bell peppers, cored, seeded & sliced.
- You need 1 of yellow onion (medium), peeled & chopped.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, peeled & sliced.
- You need 2 tbs. of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz.) of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can (14 oz.) of can low-salt chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves, snipped into pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of dried thyme leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of red hot chili flakes.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh Italian parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of scallion (green onion), sliced.
Roast until the chicken has a little broth, add green pepper and millet spicy. Braised Chicken with Green Peppers, the meat is tender and chewy, spicy and delicious. Add the rosemary and then the chicken pieces, in batches if necessary. Add the bell peppers, onion, pancetta and red pepper flakes to the pot.
Braised Chicken w/ Peppers step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F..
- Rinse chicken thighs and pat dry. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, paprika, and thyme..
- In a large ovenproof pan (or Dutch oven) on the stove top, heat the olive oil and then brown the chicken thighs lightly on both sides on medium heat..
- Remove the chicken to a plate and then add the peppers to the pan and sauté for 4 minutes. Add the onions to the peppers and cook until they are softened. Add the garlic and cook another 2 minutes..
- With a spoon, add the tomato paste to the pan and mix well with the onions and peppers..
- Heat for 1 minute and then add the wine. Increase the heat slightly and cook until the wine has been reduced a bit. Stir occasionally..
- Add the tomatoes, broth, basil, thyme, chili flakes, and bay leaf to the wine sauce. Mix well. Add the chicken back into the pan and cover..
- Place the pan into the heated oven and bake for 40minutes. Remove the lid, add the parsley, and bake for an additional 20 minutes at 300˚ uncovered to thicken the sauce..
- Remove the pan from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool a bit. Cover the pan loosely to retain heat and to allow some moisture to escape..
- Serve with an Italian side-dish of risotto, or plate with rice or mashed potatoes and vegetables. Add a dash of green onions to the top..
In a heavy skillet heat the oil over moderately high heat until it is hot but not smoking, in it brown the chicken, patted dry, and transfer the chicken to a plate. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer the peppers and onion to an ovenproof casserole dish and sprinkle with the garlic. Pour tomato sauce over and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. Core the peppers and cut into thin rings.