Grilled Salmon Tacos w/ Jalapeño Pomegranate Salsa. Grilled Salmon Tacos w/ Jalapeño Pomegranate Salsa. Preparing your Grilled Salmon Tacos with Pomegranate-Jalapeño Salsa: -Rinse the salmon filets under cold water and gently pat them dry with paper towels. -Taco time. Add a little salmon to each tortilla, and top with a generous amount of sprouts and salsa.
The salmon gets a quick soak in a chipotle-lime marinade before it's grilled, flaked and piled high on warm sprouted corn tortillas. Topped with earthy shaved Brussels sprouts, tart-sweet pomegranate-jalapeño salsa and crumbled goat cheese, each bite is a sweet and savory flavor bomb with a kick of heat and a subtle creamy tang. See great recipes for Grilled Salmon Tacos w/ Jalapeño Pomegranate Salsa too! You can have Grilled Salmon Tacos w/ Jalapeño Pomegranate Salsa using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled Salmon Tacos w/ Jalapeño Pomegranate Salsa
- It’s 1/2-3/4 lb of skinless salmon fillet (2 large filets).
- Prepare 1 1/2 of limes, divided.
- Prepare 1 of chipotle peppers canned in adobo, seeded and finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of adobo sauce from the chipotle can.
- It’s 1 tsp of pure maple syrup.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced.
- Prepare of Kosher salt.
- It’s 1/4 pound of Brussels sprouts, very thinly sliced (about 2 cups sliced sprouts).
- Prepare of Fresh ground pepper.
- It’s 8 of corn tortillas.
- You need 2-3 ounces of goat cheese, crumbled.
- You need of Salsa.
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of pomegranate arils.
- You need 1/4 cup of minced red onion.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of cilantro leaves.
- It’s of Juice of ½ lime.
- Prepare 1 pinch of kosher salt.
See great recipes for Grilled Salmon Tacos w/ Jalapeño Pomegranate Salsa too! Salsa: Remove papery husks from tomatillos and rinse well. Coat the bottom of a skillet with a little vegetable oil. Place the tomatillos in the pan and sear on one side, then flip over and brown on the other side.
Grilled Salmon Tacos w/ Jalapeño Pomegranate Salsa step by step
- Prep time!.
- Rinse the salmon filets under cold water and gently pat them dry with paper towels. Place the fish in a large Ziploc bag..
- In a small bowl, combine the juice of 1 lime, the chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, maple syrup, and sliced garlic. Pour the mixture into the bag with the salmon. Seal the bag, removing as much air as possible, and gently squish the fish around to coat with marinade. Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature, turning the bag over once halfway through..
- Meanwhile, place the sliced Brussels sprouts in a mixing bowl. Add the juice of the remaining ½ lime, and a good pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper. Toss to combine. Briefly set aside..
- Make your salsa. Combine all the ingredients for the salsa and toss to combine. (If you’re into spice, leave a few seeds in your jalapeño.) Refrigerate until ready to use..
- Pre-heat a lightly oiled grill (pan) over medium-high heat. When hot, add the salmon and cook for about 4 minutes per side until cooked through and lightly charred on the outside. Transfer salmon to a cutting board and flake with a fork. (I like to leave some larger chunks.).
- Warm the tortillas. You can do this in your microwave, or throw each tortilla directly on your burner for a few seconds per side..
- Time to assemble your tacos. Add a little salmon to each tortilla, and top with a generous amount of sprouts and salsa. Finish with a sprinkling of goat cheese. Serve with lime wedges if you like..
Grilled Salmon Tacos w/ Jalapeño Pomegranate Salsa. The salmon is enhanced with all the right spices, the cabbage gives it the perfect little crunch and the fresh avocado salsa just takes them over the top! And don't forget the Cotija, what's a taco without cheese? Okay technically a street taco or a fajita, but I think tacos always need cheese. I even sneak it on both of those just listed.