Jalapeno & Cheese Corn Muffins. The jalapeño (UK: / ˌ h æ l ə ˈ p eɪ n j oʊ / HAL-ə-PAY-nyoh, US: / ˌ h ɑː l-/ HAHL-, Spanish: [xalaˈpeɲo] ()) is a medium-sized chili pepper pod type cultivar of the species Capsicum annuum. It can have a range of pungency, with Scoville. Jalapeno peppers add gusto to corn in this easy slow-cooked side dish.
The best is a serrano pepper. It's similar in taste – bright and grassy – without the same level of bitterness. Cheesy Bacon Jalapeno Skillet Cornbread "This is the best recipe that I have used so far. You can have Jalapeno & Cheese Corn Muffins using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jalapeno & Cheese Corn Muffins
- Prepare 1 (8.5 oz) of pkg. Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of milk.
- It’s 25-30 slices of pickled jalapenos.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Thank you so much for such a wonderful bread that I was so proud of, and was loved by us all." – Barbara Mundy. See how to make grilled bacon-wrapped jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese. It's a flavor match made in heaven! If you are trying to avoid the hottest jalapeños (say for a stuffed jalapeno dish), pick the chiles without any striations.
Jalapeno & Cheese Corn Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix together corn muffin mix with egg and milk..
- Dice up jalapenos reserving 12 slices for later use..
- Add to the mixture along with cheddar cheese..
- Place muffin cups in muffin pan and equally distribute mix between the cups. Top each with the reserved jalapeno slices..
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean..
If you are looking for heat, find a red or green one with plenty of white stretch marks. Note that this is just a guideline. There is still plenty of variation among individual peppers. The jalapeno pepper plant is a member of the hot pepper family and shares company with other fiery hot varieties such as tobacco, cayenne and cherry. Jalapenos are the only pepper that isn't allowed to fully ripen and change color before being picked.