Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta. And on top of cheddar jalapeno polenta? In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, celery, garlic, salt and pepper, and stir for Serve a large slice of meatloaf on top of a scoop of polenta.
A tremendous value cut that is lean and boneless. Ideal for marinating then grilling or skillet cooking. Create a burst of Mediterranean flavor with lean beef steaks and bright and flavorful salsa made from artichokes, roasted red peppers and fresh basil. You can cook Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta using 26 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta
- It’s 6 of eye of round steaks.
- It’s of Sea salt.
- It’s of White pepper.
- Prepare of Montreal steak seasoning.
- It’s 1 of LG onion, cut into long thin strips.
- You need 1 lb of crimini mushrooms, sliced thin.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cream sherry.
- You need 1 stick of butter, divided.
- Prepare 4-6 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- You need of For the polenta.
- It’s 1/4 cup of minced onion.
- You need 3-4 of large jalapeños, seeded and minced.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk or half&half.
- Prepare 2 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- It’s 1 pinch of Cajun spice.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded white cheddar.
- Prepare 1 cup of yellow corn meal.
- Prepare of For the cauliflower.
- It’s 1 of LG head cauliflower, cut into florets.
- Prepare 2 tbs of oil.
- Prepare of Cajun spice.
- Prepare of Garlic powder.
- Prepare Pinch of sea salt.
- It’s of Louisiana hot sauce.
Description: A lean and economical cut. The eye of round steak also known as eye steak is one of the leanest cut of meat. It is flavorsome but can turn tough and chewy if not cooked properly. Given below are two delicious eye of round roast recipes.
Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta instructions
- Cover both sides of the steaks with sea salt, white pepper, and Montreal seasoning. Set aside.
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Drizzle oil and sprinkle seasonings to taste over them. Toss to coat. Place in a baking dish and roast at 375 until tender. When done, add hot sauce to taste..
- For the steaks, heat a fry pan over medium heat. Add.
- Melt 3 tbs butter in a frying pan. Saute mushrooms, onion, and garlic over medium low heat until carmelized. When carmelized, turn heat up to medium and add sherry. Deglaze until all liquid is reduced..
- Start steaks and polenta at the same time..
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add a touch of oil. Sear steaks on one side. About 3-4 minutes. When nice and browned on one side, flip. Add 3 tbs butter and rosemary sprigs to the pan. Baste with a spoon for 3 or 4 minutes again. Remove when steaks are medium rare. Let steaks rest 3 minutes..
- At the same time in a saucepot, saute the onion and jalapeños for the polenta. Just until onions become translucent. Do not brown. Add water, milk, bouillon, and spices. Bring to a boil. When boiling, slowly whisk in cornmeal. Reduce heat to low. Cook until you have a smooth polenta with no lumps or gritty texture. Add cheese and mix well..
- To plate, place polenta on the bottom. Put a steak on top. Spoon a little of the pan juice over it. Cover with sautéed mushrooms and onion. Serve cauliflower on the side. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
The number of ingredients required for making both these dishes is relatively less and it. The eye of round roast resembles a tenderloin but is much tougher. It has mediocre flavor and is less juicy than most roast. Most cook the eye of round using the dry roasted method like most oven roast beef recipes, thinly sliced and not overcooked, about medium rare makes a good deli-style roast. Rib eye steak is perfectly cooked, full of flavor, and melt in your mouth tender.