Goat and cheddar cheese jalapeno poppers. Goat Cheese Jalapeno Poppers are a classy but simple appetizer for many occasions. Cream cheese and goat cheese fills a fresh jalapeno with crisp, delicious bacon. Today, I am having just a few friends over to the house for a little get together to enjoy some food and taste a bit of wine.
Cream cheese and goat cheese fills a fresh jalapeno with crisp, delicious bacon. Today, I am having just a few friends over to the house for a little get together to enjoy some food and taste a bit of wine. In a medium bowl, mix together the goat cheese, Cheddar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. You can have Goat and cheddar cheese jalapeno poppers using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Goat and cheddar cheese jalapeno poppers
- You need 8 of large jalapenos, halved lengthwise, seeds/rib removed.
- Prepare of Cooking spray.
- It’s 1/3 C of panko.
- Prepare 1 C of extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated.
- It’s 4 oz of goat cheese.
- Prepare 1/3 C of chives, minced.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. I love jalapeno poppers but I have an allergy to cow's milk. Thankfully, I can tolerate goat's milk, so my wife and I adapted a recipe and made my very own pepper poppers. Photo: Jennifer Causey Styling: Claire Spollen.
Goat and cheddar cheese jalapeno poppers instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spray the jalapenos with cooking spray. Arrange, cut side down on a baking sheet. Roast for 7 minutes, until crisp-tender. Turn over and let cool for 10 minutes..
- Place panko in a shallow bowl or plate. In another bowl, mix both cheeses and the chives and garlic. Shape tablespoons of the mixture into football shapes and press into the jalapeno halves. Brush the cheese mixture with the egg; press each jalapeno, cheese sie down, into the panko to coat. Place on the baking sheet, panko side up..
- Spritz with cooking spray.. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt. Bake until cheese is melted, about 4 minutes. Preheat the broiler. Broil for 1-2 minutes until browned. Serves 4.
Salty bacon, rich goat cheese, savory-sweet jelly, and roasted jalapeño–it takes teamwork to make the dream work.. Brush the cheese mixture with the egg; press each jalapeno, cheese side down, into the panko to coat. Place on a baking sheet, panko side up. Jalapeno Popper Corn Fritters Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs Roasted Cauliflower, Mushroom and Goat Cheese Quiche with Quinoa Crust Jalapeno Popper Potato Gratin Caprese Frittata Jalapeno Popper Chorizo Cheesecake Jalapeno and Cheddar Corn Pancakes with Bacon (aka Jalapeno Popper Pancakes) Jalapeno Popper Skillet Chicken In a medium bowl, mix together the goat cheese and diced jalapeño. Stuff each pepper half with the jalapeño-goat cheese mixture.