Spicy Jalapeño Hummus. Find Deals on Spicy Hummus in Groceries on Amazon. Homemade spicy hummus, made with jalapeno peppers, is a flavorful twist on traditional hummus and tastes better than store-bought versions. Garbanzo beans, jalapeno peppers, garlic, cumin, and tahini combine to make this spicy hummus recipe that will liven up any appetizer table!
Growing up in California, I was very lucky to experience a variety of authentic Mexican foods growing up. Dump everything into your Vitamix and let it go! I think the combination of very little liquid, plus the power of the Vitamix is what really makes this the thickest, creamiest hummus. You can cook Spicy Jalapeño Hummus using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Jalapeño Hummus
- You need 3 (14.5 ounce) of can chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Red hot wings sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of jalapeños, chopped.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of plus 1 table spoon tahini (Sesame paste).
- Prepare 3 of Garlic cloves, chopped.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- You need of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare of (Optional) 1 loaf pita bread.
Perfect to have on hand for a quick snack with fresh veggies or as a sandwich spread. Jalapeño hummus is a healthy protein-packed snack. The creamy mashed chickpea-based mixture is just begging for this intense flavor boost. The powerful combination of jalapeño and cilantro really enhances the rich, classic dip to make it truly unforgettable.
Spicy Jalapeño Hummus step by step
- And the chickpeas into a food processor..
- Then add the garlic, cumin, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt..
- Add jalapeños, hot sauce, and tahini..
- Pulse until the mixture is smooth and combined. Add up to 1/2 of water if not right texture..
- Place on pita bread if desired..
Note: If you want to amp up the spice to the level of five-alarm fire, add the seeds and insides of the jalapeños you chop up. This dip is already spicy, but for those of you who love to. Place garlic cloves with skin still on and whole jalapeños on a baking sheet. This spicy creamy Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus will become a family favorite! Why buy hummus, when it is so easy to make your own!