Jalapeño Pups. This vegetarian corn dog option is kind of like mozzarella sticks mashed up with Chiles Rellenos: the cornmeal crust is speckled with jalapeño peppers and stuffed with melty pepper Jack cheese. And in place of marinara on the side,. Remove toothpicks from hot dogs; serve A few days ago I posted my Cajun Fried Catfish, and nothing goes better with fried fish than Hush Puppies.
The crunchy exterior of these southern-style snacks is a nice contrast to the moist cornbread. Jalapeno peppers and hot sauce add a hint of heat. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen. Quick Jalapeno Hush Puppies Recipe photo by Taste of Home. You can have Jalapeño Pups using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jalapeño Pups
- It’s 2 cup of self-rising cornbread mix.
- You need 1 of large jalapeño pepper.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- It’s As needed of oil to deep fry in.
Remove and place on a plate lined with paper towel to soak up any excess grease. Jalapeno peppers, as a rule, should not be fed to dogs. Canines just aren't well-equipped for intensely spicy foods. While it is likely nothing bad will happen in the short-term, enough jalapenos may eventually cause your dog to have gastrointestinal problems later in life.
Jalapeño Pups step by step
- Heat oil in a deep thick pot. This will help stabilize the temperature of the oil..
- Wash and remove the seeds and ribbing of the jalapeño peppers..
- Chop the onion then add to a mixing bowl..
- Add the spices, cornbread mix, and eggs.
- Add the water and mix well. You want it thick..
- Take a tablespoon scoop at a time. Drop carefully into the hot oil. Deep fry turning as necessary. Cook in batches and don't overcrowd the pot..
- When each batch is done add to a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil..
- Repeat till done..
- Serve I hope you enjoy. It can be served with many different dishes. As a snack also, with your favorite jelly or jam..
The absolute best Jalapeno Hushpuppies Recipe, from the famed Okie Dokies Smokehouse in Asheville, North Carolina. Sometimes you get the chance to walk into a person's life at a divinely appointed moment, and witness something truly wonderful. Fresh jalapeno peppers are stuffed with a creamy Cheddar cheese filling, wrapped in bacon, and grilled until the bacon is browned and the peppers are hot. Make them on the side of your grill while you grill your burgers or dogs in the center. The answer is "NO, dogs cannot eat Jalapenos safely without the risk of complications." Jalapeno by itself has no toxic properties to dogs but is just bad for them because of its spiciness.