Angel Eggs with Bacon and Jalapenos. Great recipe for Angel Eggs with Bacon and Jalapenos. These eggs are so gosh dang good! I refuse to call them deviled eggs.
Give them a try and you'll understand why. This bacon jalapeno deviled eggs recipe is seriously the easiest and it's basically like regular spicy deviled eggs with bacon and jalapeno added! I don't know about you but I get tired of the same old plain apps after a while.. You can have Angel Eggs with Bacon and Jalapenos using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Angel Eggs with Bacon and Jalapenos
- It’s 1 dozen of hardboiled large eggs, peeled.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mayo (about 4 ounces, more as needed) I used Dukes.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sweet pickle relish (or use dill relish).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of yellow mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of each of salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of diced Jalapenos (more or less).
- You need 1/2 cup of cooked, crumbled bacon (about 4 slices).
- You need 2 tablespoons of minced onion.
- You need of Paprika for garnish.
- Prepare of Parsley flakes for garnish.
These angel eggs look like a devilish addition to an Easter line up! Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs are seriously the best deviled egg recipe you will ever make. These eggs are delicious with a hint of spiciness and made super quick using an instant pot. If you love deviled eggs, you have to try these elevated tasty eggs.
Angel Eggs with Bacon and Jalapenos instructions
- Slice the hard boiled eggs in half, lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks and put them in a mixing bowl. Place the egg white halves on a platter or serving dish, set aside. Mash the egg yolks with a fork and break them up.
- Add the mayonnaise, pickle relish, sugar, and yellow mustard to the mashed egg yolks and stir until well combined.
- Add your seasonings and taste mixture. Add more of any seasoning, if needed. NOTE: The bacon will add salt to the eggs so go easy on the salt or omit it!.
- Mix in the jalapenos, bacon, and onion. Blend well. Taste for flavor. NOTE: if mixture is too stiff, add a tiny bit more mayo, or, a tablespoon of pickle juice until you get a good consistency, NOT TOO THIN!.
- Spoon mixture into egg white halves. Sprinkle with paprika or parsley flakes and chill until ready to serve.
- NOTE: You are free to add or omit anything you want in this recipe. Nothing is written in stone. Play around with it and make it your own. Enjoy!.
You never know how spicy jalapenos are going to be. Even jalapenos from the same plant can vary in their degree of spiciness. Be sure to remove the seeds and membranes since that's where the majority of the heat comes from. You'll be adding minced jalapeno to the deviled egg filling, then using sliced jalapenos for the garnish. Lay the pieces of bacon flat on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (to make cleanup easy).