Cheesy bacon and rice croquettes. Dip your hands into a bowl of water, then grab a handful of the rice and firmly press into a ball. Coat the rice balls in the remaining bread crumbs. Why not turn the leftover rice into these cheesy and bacon and air fryer rice croquettes (crispy rice balls) that everyone would enjoy!
Flatten one portion into the palm of your hand and place one cube of mozzarella in centre. Draw edges together to enclose cheese and form into a ball. Stir rice with egg, parmesan and salt in a medium bowl. You can have Cheesy bacon and rice croquettes using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy bacon and rice croquettes
- Prepare 2 cups of rice cooked.
- You need 1/3 cup of crisp bacon bits.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 3/4 cup of panko breadcrumb.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need of Olive oil spray.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of scallions chopped.
- Prepare of Teriyaki sauce or unagi sauce for drizzling optional.
Tuck a mozzarella cube into the centre, then reshape into a ball. Roll each ball through bread crumbs, just enough to lightly coat. Place on foil-lined baking sheet and roll in oil to coat. Freeze option: Prepare croquettes as directed, omitting chilling step.
Cheesy bacon and rice croquettes instructions
- Line the fryer basket with grill mat or a sheet of lightly greased aluminum foil..
- In a large bowl, mix together rice, bacon, cheese, eggs, and half of the panko breadcrumbs. Take about two tablespoonful of the mixture and form them into balls..
- Put rest of the panko breadcrumbs in a shallow plate. Lightly roll the rice balls in the breadcrumbs to coat. Then, put the rice balls inside the fryer basket..
- Spritz the rice balls with some olive oil and air fry at 360F (180C) for about 10-12 minutes, shake the basket once in the middle, until the surface is golden brown..
Transfer to waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Prepare butter mixture; drizzle over croquettes. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. That's exactly what this croquette is all about. Delicious, smooth potato mixed with crispy bacon, sharp mature cheddar then breaded and fried.