Jalapeño, mango salad with tofu patties. Cheap dish with full of nutrition. Go great with both rice and bread. Miso (Japanese fermented soy bean paste) gives rich flavor to this dish.
You can deseed the Jalapeno and use it in the recipe but personally I prepare half seeded and half deseeded. Add the allspice and stir to incorporate. The Good News The mangoes in this jalapeño-spiced salad are full of vitamin C. You can cook Jalapeño, mango salad with tofu patties using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jalapeño, mango salad with tofu patties
- You need 1 cup of shoots.
- It’s 1/4 cup of red pepper, cubed.
- Prepare 1/2 of a mango, cubed.
- You need 1/2 of a nectarine, cubed.
- It’s 1/2 of a peach, cubed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fresh ginger, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of a jalapeño pepper, chopped.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
- You need of Fresh cilantro.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of tofu patties.
Be sure to use firm, underripe fruit: They add an essential tang to the recipe. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Add more oil if necessary, and fry remaining patties as before. Serve immediately with the mango salsa and hot rice.
Jalapeño, mango salad with tofu patties instructions
- In a mason jar add fruits and jalapeño, ginger, lemon juice and olive oil. Shake well..
- Cook tofu according to package. I simply heat mine up on a stove top..
- On a plate place shoots and red pepper, cooked tofu. Then top with mango salsa and cilantro ! Oh so tasty! Picture below is another variant (added broccoli).
Notes: Top with a handful (½ cup) shredded cabbage, then a big scoop of mango salsa, a handful of baked tofu, a hefty drizzle of peanut sauce, and a little sprinkle of chopped peanuts. See great recipes for Japanese persimmon salad dressed with "Tofu" too! Stir in onion, jalapeno, red pepper and carrot. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Add in oat bran a little at a time, and work into mixture with your hands.