Coconut Jam a.k.a Srikaya. See great recipes for Coconut Jam a.k.a Srikaya, Nan's Onion Jam too! The word for coconut jam in the Malay language, kaya, means rich, referencing the texture of the popular food. For Malaysians, Indonesians and Singaporeans, kaya, also called srikaya (coconut egg jam), is a sweet creamy coconut spread made from coconut milk (locally known as santan) and duck or chicken eggs (which are flavored with pandan leaf and sweetened with sugar).
Add in the coconut milk and blend for a few minutes until the pandan leaves are pureed finely. Pour the blended pandan-infused coconut milk over a sieve and into a large bowl. The pandan leaf pulp will remain – be sure to press firmly with the back of a spoon to extract all the coconut milk. You can have Coconut Jam a.k.a Srikaya using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut Jam a.k.a Srikaya
- Prepare 5 btr of telur.
- Prepare 250 ml of santan kental.
- You need 250 gr of gula pasir.
- You need 3 lbr of daun pandan.
Never shake the coconut cream can before opening, just spoon the thicker cream out and leave the clear coconut water aside. Traditionally served on buttered or plain toast, coconut jam may also be used as filling for pastries or on rice. Though it can be found commercially, the commercial brands usually have additional flavorings and preservatives not found in the homemade recipes. Noodle Soup a.k.a Mee Soup. wet noodle (you can use dried noodle as well, boil and drain it, mix with a bit of oil), Mushroom, sliced (any mushroom will do), Any meat, thin sliced (optional).
Coconut Jam a.k.a Srikaya instructions
- Kocok telur asal merata saja, tambahkan gula dan santan.
- Masak semua bahan di panci, tambahkan daun pandan. Aduk terus sampai mendidih (pakai api kecil).
- Setelah mendidih, saring adonan srikaya sampai halus dan tidak mengumpal.
- Masak kembali srikaya dengan teknik steam atau hot water bath (tempatkan baskom air panas). Tahap ini sangat penting, aduk secara perlahan dan pastikan bagian bawah tidak gosong. Pakai api kecil saja..
- Setelah mengental, matikan api dan biarkan dingin sebelum disimpan di wadah. Lebih bagus di dalam toples kaca dan inapkan di kulkas semalam..
- Sajikan bersama roti, mantou dan olahan lainnya. Enjoy it. ^_^.
You can set it up by putting some water in a medium size pot and bring the water to a boil and lower the heat. Spoon up coconut jam, known as srikaya in Indonesia, for a breakfast plate of Malaysian kaya toast. Stack and cut like a sandwich, then dip into over-easy eggs and a dash of dark soy sauce. See great recipes for Easy homemade jam !, Coconut Jam a.k.a Srikaya too! The premiere product was Srikaya Spread.