Whiskey Maple Onion Jam. Find Deals on Maple Onion Jam in Groceries on Amazon. A great make ahead dip for your next party or spread on your sliders. This whiskey maple bacon jam doesn't use whiskey yet captures the flavor notes of gently charred American oak, which is characteristic of the real thing.
This powerful little condiment will reward the time and patience you put into making it. Spread it on a sandwich, serve it beside a roast, or use anywhere else you want a sweet oniony kick. Remove from heat; stir in whiskey and maple syrup. You can have Whiskey Maple Onion Jam using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Whiskey Maple Onion Jam
- Prepare 2 of purple onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of whiskey.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated white sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- You need 2 tbsp of white balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of coursely ground black pepper.
Maple Whiskey Bacon Jam is an amazing way to jazz up burgers….or just to eat. Everything I love in a spread. Trust me, you're gonna want to give this one a try. This is a really simple recipe, and one of my favorites.
Whiskey Maple Onion Jam step by step
- Add the onions and 1/4 cup of water to a medium pot and put it on high heat. Boil, stirring occasionally until most of the water is gone. Add a splash of extra virgin olive oil and a couple of pinches of salt..
- Turn the heat down to medium-high and continue cooking until the onions are sticky and the colour of milk chocolate. Be sure to stir frequently to prevent burning. This step will take about 30 minutes..
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the whiskey. Put it back on the heat and allow the whiskey to cook off for 1 or 2 minutes. Sprinkle on the sugar but do not stir. Jiggle the pot if you have to. Do it carefully; being splattered with hot sugar is the worst..
- Let the sugar fully melt, then keep cooking for 5 minutes. Stir in the maple syrup, vinegar, and another couple of pinches of salt and cook for a final 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the pepper. Let it cool before you taste it..
I mean, come on, bacon anything is good. Maybe the idea of Bacon jam sounds unusual, but this Whiskey Maple Bacon Jam is unbelieeeeevable. It features a pound and a half of Bacon, so you're on board, right? The main ingredients here are Bacon, onions, maple syrup, brown sugar, and whiskey. The onions caramelize and become soft and sweet, which is complemented by the maple syrup and.