Strawberry and Thyme Jam. Chop the berries and place them in a bowl.. Weigh ingredients into a large pot, and cook until the mixture thickens. Leave a plate in the freezer to test the jam.
Thyme and berry might seem like strange bedfellows, but here […] The day you wish to make the jam, pour the strawberries and the sugary juices into a large pot (like a le creuset) or a traditional berry pan and stir in the thyme leaves, lemon juice and the remaining sugar. Wash and dry your glass jam jars then draw around the bottom of each jar on baking parchment and cut out for when you seal the jars. Get every recipe from Rustic by Jorge Fernandez and Rick Wells In a medium saucepan, add the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. You can have Strawberry and Thyme Jam using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Strawberry and Thyme Jam
- It’s 660 g of fresh and ripe strawberries.
- You need 330 g of castor sugar.
- It’s 20 ml of lemon juice.
- It’s 4 sprigs of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of pectin.
Stir well to dissolve the sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring often. Add sugar all at once, and return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and skim foam from jam.
Strawberry and Thyme Jam step by step
- Remove the leaves of the strawberries and cut them in half. Toss the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a large heavy bottomed pot..
- Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Remove lid and boil for another 10~15 mins. Remove the scum rises to the surface of the boiling jam..
- Bring down to a simmer and blend the jam with a handheld blender or potato masher. Add in the thyme, leaves only..
- When the jam starts to reduce add in the pectin, stir well until it dissolve completely. Turn off the heat when the jam starts to thicken..
- Pour the jam into a clean and dry jar. Let cool at room temperature. Cover tightly and store in the fridge. Consume within 6 weeks..
Place the berries in a medium saucepan. Using a potato masher, lightly mash the berries. Add the maple syrup, lemon juice, orange juice, and thyme. Great recipe for Strawberry and Thyme Jam. Once you get a taste of homemade jam, there's no going back.