Braided bread-Nutella and Jam. Braided bread-Nutella and Jam I watched a video online how to make this and tried it my own way. Here is my recipe for this delicious bread 🙂 This will be my go-to recipe for bread from now on. :P. Here is my recipe for this delicious bread 🙂 This will be my go-to recipe for bread from now on.
Luckily, my Mom agreed with me. Since that fateful day, I've made several other versions of this sweet, yeasted bread. The base recipe never fails to rise and bake up perfectly. You can have Braided bread-Nutella and Jam using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Braided bread-Nutella and Jam
- It’s 1/2 tsp of active dry yeast.
- You need 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2/3 cup of warm water.
- It’s 1 of eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ghee or melted butter.
- It’s 2/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of nutella.
- It’s 1/2 cup of strawberry jam.
In a standing bowl mixer, add in the flour, melted butter, sugar, salt and the yeast mixture. Form dough into a bowl and place it in a greased bowl. In a medium bowl stir fresh yeast with sugar until it liquefies. Stir in the lukewarm milk and then add the beaten egg and melted butter.
Braided bread-Nutella and Jam instructions
- Put 1 teaspoon sugar and yeast into the warm water and let yeast activate for about 10 mins..
- In a bowl, mix ghee or melted butter, sugar, salt and egg till combined. Once yeast mixture is frothy, add it to this and mix well..
- Stir in flour till you can't mix stir with a wooden spoon anymore (doughy). Transfer to floured work surface..
- Knead well for 10 minutes till dough is elastic. Add flour if sticky. Form dough into a ball and lightly oil the top..
- Place in an oiled bowl, cover with cling wrap and keep in a warm place for an hour till risen..
- After an hour, punch down dough and place it onto the floured work surface. Divide dough in half and roll out each portion to about 1 or 1.5 cm thickness..
- Spread Nutella onto one portion and jam on the other. Roll each one up and cut down the middle of the rolls leaving out an inch at the start..
- Twist the two strands of the cut roll and seal the edges. Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper..
- I use a convection oven so I preheat it after preparing the dough. (this temperature and time works perfectly for me.) Preheat to 200°F Celsius and bake for 35 minutes..
- Let cool and enjoy! Delicious tea time treat :).
In a large bowl whisk together the flour and salt. Pour the milk mixture over the dry ingredients and start kneading it until it pulls away from the edges of the bowl. There were Christmas markets in every town in Germany. Every Christmas market was jam packed. There was such a party atmosphere.