Chilli Jam. Browse & Discover Thousands of Cooking Food & Wine Book Titles, for Less. Although I call this chilli jam, I don't mean by this that it's the sort of thing you'd spread on your toast at breakfast (though smeared inside a bacon sandwich, it could be a real help one hungover morning) but rather a chilli jelly – chelly? – that glows a fiery, flecked red and is fabulous with cold meats or a cheese plate. And just a small pot of it makes a gorgeous present. "Jam sugar.
The jam is a runnier consistency but jam rather than sauce, as a personal preference. This one's for you if you like sweet chilli sauce, only it's ten times nicer. Very easy to make and it keeps for a while in the fridge too. You can cook Chilli Jam using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chilli Jam
- You need 6 of ,250ml sterilised jars.
- It’s 150 grams of red chiiles, deseeded and cut up.
- Prepare 150 grams of red pepper, deseed and cut up.
- It’s 1 kg of jam sugar.
- You need 600 ml of cider vinegar.
OMG – this is the yummiest chilli jam ever! You can make it as hot or as sweet as you like, but be warned – once you taste this you will be addicted! We love chillies and after trying a chilli jam in a cafe with sun-dried tomato scones and cheese I decided to have a go myself. This is a very simple recipe.
Chilli Jam instructions
- put chillies and red pepper into processor and blend until you have a vibrant red flecked bowl.
- dissolve sugar and cider vinegar in a large pan over a low heat, don't stir..
- add chilli pepper mixture and bring to a boil, boil for 10 minutes..
- leave to cool for 1 hour then put into jars..
Its not difficult to make and super satisfying to know you made it yourself, delicious on everything from cheese to stir fry's. I first tried making this Sweet Chilli Jam in early November. This Chilli Jam recipe is like a home made Sweet Chilli Sauce. It is a combo of sweet and savoury. It is a pouring consistency and is great for dipping things – such as spring rolls, rice paper rolls or crudite.