pumpkin jam. Can I make pumpkin jam with fresh pumpkin? You'll need to cook and puree the fresh pumpkin first. Also, canned pumpkin puree is darker than fresh so jam made with fresh pumpkin would be much lighter in color than one.
Pumpkin is boiled with sugar, fresh lemon, and ginger in this special recipe for zesty jam that'll take your fall breakfasts over the top. Although pumpkin jam is not typically something you will find on average supermarket shelves, even in the fall season, it's an autumn favorite in specialty gourmet catalogs. And if you are pumpkin picking or apple picking in season and stop into an adorable farm store with fresh pies, you're likely to find cans of pumpkin jam for sale as well. You can have pumpkin jam using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of pumpkin jam
- It’s 1 kg of raw pumpkin diced.
- Prepare 300 grams of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 tbsp of ruhm.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon.
This pumpkin jam, aka. pumpkin butter, is easy to make and really delicious. I only make it when sugar pumpkins are in season so I can use fresh pumpkin. This is a jam recipe so perfect for gifts during the holidays. Use it just like jam on toast, scones, biscuits, and with cheese and crackers.
pumpkin jam step by step
- add sugar and ruhm to the diced pumpkin and let rest for an hour or untill sugar is dessolved and liquid comes out of pumpkin.
- put everything into a large sauce pan and cook on low heat for about two hous stiring all the time. Pay attention not to stick the jam to the pan and burn it..
- add the cinnamon. fill the jars and seal with the lid..
- boil the jars, cool them and store on shelf for a year. When open, consume in a week and keep it in the fridge..
If you like a little more spice, add in more cinnamon and nutmeg! This pumpkin jam is absolutely delicious — not too sweet. It's my perfect jam for our breakfast! And it's also perfect for your desserts dishes. This homemade pumpkin jam recipe made with a spicy flavor is perfect for tarts, pies or slathered on toast in the morning breakfast.