Homemade Blueberry Marmalade. Followed the recipe perfectly and it turned out so yummy! When I first learned to make jams, my Grandmother gave me a hint that isn't mentioned here and I think it's important: When stirring the saucepan, you'll know when it's thickened just right when you can draw a line down the middle of the pan with the mixing spoon, and it takes a second for the jam to settle back in to place. Making blueberry jam is a perfect way to preserve the taste of summer.
This recipe for Blueberry Marmalade is from "Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cooking" (Fawcett Publications Inc.), which is out of print but still available through Amazon and other booksellers. Oranges and lemons join fresh blueberries in this easy marmalade. Using liquid pectin makes it virtually foolproof. You can cook Homemade Blueberry Marmalade using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Blueberry Marmalade
- You need 5 cups of Blueberries.
- Prepare 4 cups of Sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Vanilla Extract (optional).
- You need 1/2 of Lemon Juice.
Add a Recipe User Settings Log Out. A lovely way to use blueberries! How to Serve Blueberry Jam: This homemade blueberry jam is delicious spread on toast, dolloped on biscuits or cornbread, spooned over pancakes or waffles, stirred into yogurt or oatmeal, or drizzled over ice cream. The jam is also a great gift to share with friends, neighbors and family at the holidays.
Homemade Blueberry Marmalade instructions
- Wash Blueberries thoroughly and drain excess water..
- In a large sauce pan add in the Blueberries and Sugar..
- Add in Lemon juice,.
- Heat on low to medium heat and boil until all the sugar has been absorbed..
- Add in the tablespoon of Vanilla Extract and slightly stir Blueberries..
- Boil until most of the Blueberries have melted and thickened. The Marmalade needs to cool off so it is best to leave it out overnight..
- The following morning place in a jar and enjoy your delicious homemade Blueberry Marmalade on toasted bread along with a great cup of coffee! Kali Orexi!!!! 🙂.
I love to pull a jar out of the pantry, tie a nice ribbon around the lid, and gift it to. Though this recipe for blueberry jam is perfect for canning, it also works well as a small batch refrigerator or freezer jam. Blueberries are generally considered a "low pectin fruit" and most blueberry jam recipes add boxed or liquid pectin. Though I've made blueberry jam with pectin in the past, the amount of sugar required is. Homemade Blueberry Jam: It is very simple to make this blueberry jam.