Strawberry. – Lemon Marmalade. Find Deals on Strawberry Marmalade in Jams & Spreads on Amazon. Combine the strawberries, lemon juice, lemon peel and pectin in a large saucepot. Add the sugar, stirring until dissolved.
Try the homemade marmalade stirred into oatmeal or yogurt or on top of pancakes or waffles, too. Add strawberries and lemon juice to peel and mix well. Written by Marisa of Food in Jars. You can cook Strawberry. – Lemon Marmalade using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Strawberry. – Lemon Marmalade
- It’s 1/4 cup of thinly sliced lemon peel ( about 1 medium ).
- Prepare 4 cup of crushed strawberries ( about 2-3 pounds ).
- It’s 6 tbsp of ball classic Pectin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 6 cup of granulated sugar.
Standing in line at my local produce market, buying a basket filled with local kale, potatoes and storage onions, I smell strawberries. At first I think I'm dreaming, until I glance to my right and see the display of red berries, shipped to the. For Strawberry Lemon Marmalade the powdered stuff works just fine. Stir in sugar and bring back to a boil.
Strawberry. – Lemon Marmalade instructions
- Wash lemon & strawberries under cold running water, drain. Cut off yellow layer of lemon peel. Cut lemon in half & remove seeds. Extract juice. Measure 1 Tablespoon lemon juice. Remove stems & caps from strawberries. Crush strawberries one layer at a time using a potato masher. Measure 4 cups..
- Cook sliced lemon peel & enough water to cover in a small sausepan. Gently boil 5 minutes. Drain. Combine lemon peel & lemon juice & strawberries & pectin in a large sausepan.Bring mixture to a boil over medium high heat. Stirring constantly. Add sugar stirring until sugar dissolves. Return mixture to a rolling boil that cannot be stirred down. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim off foam if necessary..
- Ladle hot marmalade into hot jar. Leaving 1/4" headspace. Clean jar rim. Center lid on jar & adjust band to fingertip – tight. Place jar on rack elvated over simmering water (180º) in boiling water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled..
- Lower rack into simmering water. Water must cover jars by 1". Adjust heat to medium high cover canner & bring water to a rolling boil. Process 10 min.Turn off heat and remove cover. Let jars cool 5 minutes. Remove jars from canner. Do not retighten bands if loose. Cool 12 Hours. Check seals Label & store jars ..
Then remove it from heat and skim off the foam. Strawberry-Lemon Marmalade is a low-sugar cooked marmalade made with Pomona's Universal Pectin. Pomona's Pectin contains no sugar or preservatives and jells reliably with low amounts of any sweetener. I've tried Ball, Pomona's, and Sure Jell, both liquid and powder pectin. Lemon: Don't be tempted to cut corners on this one and buy bottled lemon juice, as it has a different flavor and it has additives to make it shelf stable.