Orange Marmalade. Find Deals on Sugar Free Marmalade in Pantry Staples on Amazon. The most popular versions are made with citrus fruit like orange, kumquat, and grapefruit. Homemade orange marmalade is a wonderful combination of sweet and bitter.
Orange marmalade is sweet and vibrant, much like orange juice. Unlike other jams, such as strawberry or raspberry, orange marmalade has a slight zest to it from the citrus component. While it's never sour the way a fresh lemon is, the zing from the orange helps cut through the sweetness the way citrus tends to do in dessert recipes. You can cook Orange Marmalade using 5 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Orange Marmalade
- It’s 2 of oranges, peeled and cut into small pieces.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of orange zest or small pieces of orange peel.
- It’s of Zest of one lemon.
Orange marmalade is a standard fare overseas, but every orange marmalade recipe is different from the next. Some are wildly complicated: peel this, but not too much, scoop out that, strain something else, than add it back in. It's enough to just buy a jar or orange marmalade at the grocery store and be done with it. Cut off both ends of the orange.
Orange Marmalade step by step
- In a saucepan, put the orange pieces and then add the water and leave to boil a little bit. Then add sugar and lemon zest, stirring constantly..
- Add the orange zest and stir well and simmer on medium heat for 30 minutes until texture is like jello..
Cut the orange in half, cut each half in about eight sections. Place the orange sections in the food processor and pulse until the peel in is tiny pieces. In a medium saucepan place the processed orange, the water and the sugar and bring to a gentle boil. I make my mum's orange marmalade recipe every year in winter when the first gorgeous scented oranges appear in store!. The fragrant fruity citrus marmalade is an authentic french foolproof family recipe prepared without pectin and it includes only two ingredients.