Louisiana Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette. Louisiana Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette This makes a great cole slaw dressing as well. Our Louisiana Mayhaw Pepper Jelly is a favorite among our customers. Our fave gal over at Grinning Jupiter Jammery creates these custom recipes just for us.
Instructions: Toss salad ingredients in a bowl and drizzle with Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette (not all of it…saying that just in case). I've adapted this Red Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette recipe from Southern Living, cutting down on the amount of oil. I like a salad dressing that's a little heavy on vinegar. You can cook Louisiana Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Louisiana Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cane vinegar (I prefer Steen's pure cane vinegar).
- It’s 2/3 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of pepper jelly.
- Prepare 3 Teaspoon of creole mustard (I prefer Zatarain’s creole mustard).
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of onion, grated, juice included.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of ground black pepper.
That way I use a lot less of it because of the strong flavor. And when you factor in that there are fewer calories per tablespoon because you are using less oil, it's a. Spoon vinaigrette generously onto four large plates; divide greens evenly atop. Vinaigrette: Add vinegar, mustard, and jelly to a medium bowl; whisk to combine.
Louisiana Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette step by step
- In a stainless or glass mixing bowl whisk all of the ingredients until thoroughly mixed. Heat the pepper jelly for 10 seconds in the microwave to help liquefy the jelly for ease of use in the recipe. Adjust the proportions of seasonings for your taste. For best result let it sit over night..
- Cole slaw with pepper jelly vinaigrette, dried cranberries, pecans, and bacon bits..
Add oil in droplets, whisking constantly, until fully incorporated and emulsified. The company makes everything from scratch, including the bases for the dressings. This is also terrific drizzled over a summery trio of sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, and onion. For the Quail: Season the quail with salt and pepper and brush on all sides with the Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette. Light a charcoal or gas grill.