Grass Jelly Cappuccino. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Grass jelly cappuccino is combinations of grass jelly and coffee cappuccino. This is kind of cold drink and perfect for summer drinks.
If you are a favorite of bobba, you can use bobba too instead. Grass jelly is known as cincau in Indonesian (it means green grass in Chinese). It is also known as camcao, juju, janggelan or kepleng in Java, camcauh in Sunda, and daluman in Bali. You can have Grass Jelly Cappuccino using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grass Jelly Cappuccino
- It’s 2 tbsp of cream mates or 50ml heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of instant coffee.
- You need 1 tbsp of condensed milk.
- It’s 100 ml of evaporated milk.
- It’s 200 ml of hot water.
- Prepare of Sugar if needed.
- You need 1/2-1 cup of grass jelly, you can either shredded or chopped it (you can find it in ASEAN store).
- Prepare cubes of Iced.
Black jelly (cincau hitam) is manufactured as an instant powder, like other instant jellies or agar. This form is easier to use. It is made from the leaves of Platostoma palustre (Mesona palustris). Grass jelly is made by boiling a plant called Mesona Chinensis with starch or rice flour.
Grass Jelly Cappuccino step by step
- Mixed together cream mate, coffee, and sugar if needed. Add hot water, stirring constantly..
- Add a condensed milk, stirring until dissolved. Add evaporated milk. Taste it. You can adjust the sweetness by adding more sugar or condensed milk..
- Filled up the glass with iced cube, add grass jelly, and pour the coffee mixture into it. Get the straw, and now your grass Jelly cappuccino is ready. Enjoy your summer drink..
Don't worry though if you can't find the plant itself. Grass jelly is widely available in canned and powdered form. Here we go again the most enjoyable old school ice crush that reminds you all the childhood good stuffs. Since the flavor of black grass jelly is a bit bitter, most people are serving it with sugary syrups, condensed milk or coconut milk. PeoPo stands for PEOple's POems, premium iced coffee linking people together through coffee.