Grass jelly and Sugar Palm Fruits Soup (Es Cincao kolang-kaling) #asian. Es Cincau Kolang Kaling Pondok's syrup water, served with grass jelly and atap seed. Grass jelly is known as cincau in Indonesian (it means green grass in Chinese). It is also known as camcao, juju, janggelan or kepleng in Java, camcauh in Sunda, and daluman in Bali.
It is made from the leaves of Platostoma palustre (Mesona palustris). Shredded ice with combination of jackfruit, fermented cassava, sugar palm fruit, coconut meat, jelly, avocado, and black grass jelly with manalagi syrup and condensed milk Es Delima Biji delima, coconut meat, jelly, tape ketan hitam, with coco pandan syrup and coconut milk Roughly translated, Es Campur means "mixed ice" in English. Just like its name suggests, it is made by mixing various ingredients in sweet syrup. You can cook Grass jelly and Sugar Palm Fruits Soup (Es Cincao kolang-kaling) #asian using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grass jelly and Sugar Palm Fruits Soup (Es Cincao kolang-kaling) #asian
- You need 1/2 kg of grass jelly (black cincao).
- It’s 1/2 kg of sugar palm fruit (kolang-kaling).
- Prepare of Sugar (i used 5tbsp sugar but it's up to you).
- It’s 1 drop of Red coloring for food.
- Prepare 1 drop of fruits essence, i used frambozen (if u dont have u can use syrup).
- You need of Water.
- Prepare of Milk (optional).
- Prepare of Ice cubes if u like.
Usually, a bowl of Es Campur consists as kolang kaling (sugar palm fruit), cendol or dawet (cornstarch-based doughy droplets), avocado, jackfruit, pineapple, bread chunks, and grass jelly. All is topped with shaved ice and sweet condensed milk. Some of the more common ingredients are: nata de coco, kelapa muda (young coconut flesh), cincau (grass jelly), tape (fermented cassava), nangka (jackfruit), alpukat (avocado), biji selasih (basil seeds), kolang kaling (arenga palm fruit), and cendol. This fruit is somewhat juicy and is generally enjoyed cold with sweet syrup, other fruits, and sometimes also cincau.
Grass jelly and Sugar Palm Fruits Soup (Es Cincao kolang-kaling) #asian instructions
- Boil a glass of water (about 200ml) then add sugar (i used 5 tbsp sugar), then add 1 drop fruits essence or u can use syrup if u dont have. then set aside after boiled.
- Wash the grass jelly.
- Then cut grass jelly into small cubes.
- Boil water then add palm sugar fruits (kolang-kaling) then add 1 drop of red coloring food. Filter the palm sugar fruits and throw away the water 😂.
- Prepare bowls and add sugar water (step 1)..
- Add grass jelly cubes, palm sugar fruits, and 1 tbsp condensed milk (if u like). Then add ice cubes but i didnt add ice cubes in this recipe even if we usually serve this with ice cubes. Then add water (i used cold water).
- Serve it.
For some reason, Es Blewah is very popular during Ramadan. This one is probably the most mysterious one. Kolang-kaling is from the young fruit of sugar palm. Es Cincau Sirup Coco Pandan – Grass Jelly in Coco Pandan Syrup. You may wonder what to do with the canned grass jelly in your Asian market, but now you know you can have amazing grass jelly drink with little effort.