Carrot jelly. Find Deals on Carrot Jam in Jams & Spreads on Amazon. Mrs Beeton is a famous Victorian cookbook writer. I'd heard of Mrs Beeton's carrot jam, so with a big bag of carrots to hand, I set to work.
I bought the ingredients and didn't get around to making the jam as planned, so when I decided to make it, I realized I did not have fresh pears. Carrot Cake Jam Carrot Cake Jam. Stay in the know with a daily dose of the best seasonal recipes! You can cook Carrot jelly using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot jelly
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- It’s 100 ml of water.
- It’s 50 g of sugar.
- It’s 2 g of agar (kanten) powder.
- It’s 200 ml of orange juice.
So here you go, this is how you can make delicious home-cooked carrot jam. Wash the carrots very well, and then peel them carefully. If refrigerating or freezing, cool to room temperature first. This jam will keep, refrigerated, for weeks, but for longer storage, freeze or process in a water bath.
Carrot jelly step by step
- Slice a carrot into pieces and simmer them in the hot water for 10~15minutes..
- Mince the boiled carrot by a handmixer..
- Boil water in the smaill pan to dissolve powder. Put powder in it. Add sugar and mix well..
- Add orange juice in the pan..
- Add minced carrots in the pan. If the carrots are still rough, mince it by a handmixer again to smooth it..
- Pour mixture in a glass. Let it cool in the refrigerator..
Although the jam can be used immediately, the flavor improves after a few. Carrot Jam is a great way of preserving carrots for weeks. It is perfect when accompanied with toast or plain bread for a filling breakfast. You can also serve pack it in your kids' lunch boxes, or carry it for picnics and road trips. Place the carrot pieces together with the sugar, cinnamon stick and the orange juice in a saucepan over medium heat.