Fake Beer! Apple Jelly!. A bit on the sweet side for me but most jelly recipes are. I'll cut down on the sugar and increase the pectin the next time I make it. Most jelly recipes recommend adding butter.
The better and higher quality the apple juice, the better the jelly will be. You can also use frozen apple juice to make this jelly. They were overrun with Sierra Nevada and short on. You can have Fake Beer! Apple Jelly! using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fake Beer! Apple Jelly!
- You need 2 cup of apple juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 10 grams of gelatin sheet or powder.
Homemade apple jelly is a delicious accompaniment to a traditional roast, or add a spoonful to a casserole for a hint of sweetness and extra flavour. We've added a sprig of thyme to ours, but it is just as delicious without!. Beer Jelly (Jello) Easy Blackberry and Apple Jelly Recipe (Small Batch) Crab Apple Jelly. This easy recipe for apple jelly is a great place to start.
Fake Beer! Apple Jelly! instructions
- If you are using gelatin sheet, place them in ice water for 3-5 minutes to soften. If you are using gelatin powder just skip this step..
- Pour apple juice into a sauce pan, add sugar then put on low heat, stir constantly until sugar melts..
- Add gelatin, stir until melted then turn off the heat..
- Pour 2/3 of the mixture into glass of your choice, make sure to leave room for the foam..
- Whisk the rest of the mixture until it is all foam, scoop the foam on top of the jelly then leave in the fridge for 2-3 hours..
Apples do have a lot of pectin, but the levels aren't as reliable as what one finds in a box. Make sure to test the jelly for consistency before turning off the heat. Place water, cores, and peels in a large pot. Strain liquid through a cheesecloth set over another large pot. Add pectin and bring to a rapid boil.