Red Wine Electric Jelly. Read Our Expert Review Before You Buy. Red Wine Electric Jelly I wanted a new ingredient for ribs. Red Wine Electric Jelly I wanted a new ingredient for ribs.
Strain into a small, sterilised jam jar and leave to cool completely. MEASURE sugar and wine into large saucepan. Combine wine, lemon juice, and pectin in a large saucepot. You can have Red Wine Electric Jelly using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Wine Electric Jelly
- You need 1 liter of red wine (I used a Merlot).
- It’s 3 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of lemon.
Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Skim foam off top, if necessary. Jelly made with wine is extremely tasty, and the best part is that since you can use any wine, you can easily customize this recipe with your favourite wine and end up with a jelly tailored to your individual tastes. Any wine can be used, including fruit wines and meads.
Red Wine Electric Jelly step by step
- On low heat, reduce 1 1/3 cup of wine for 20 minutes or until 1/3 cup left on the pot..
- Solve the sugar on the remaining wine and stir on low heat for 20 minutes..
- Add the butter and the lemon juice to add flavor and keep stiring every 3-5 minutes for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the mix sit for a few minutes..
- Add the 1/3 cup of reduced wine to the jelly to enhance the wine flavor and gently stir..
- Let the jelly cool down and place it in recipients to store..
- After the jelly gets to room temperature, store in the refrigerator overnight and you are ready to go..
The first time I made this, I used my oak-aged chai mead. Wine jelly is delicious whatever wine you use. I prefer white to eat on toast or fruit. Wine jellys are great for begginers to start with. They can be finished under an hour and there is no fruit preparation which can take hours to make.