Red Pepper Jelly. Find Deals on Sweet Red Pepper Jelly in Jams & Spreads on Amazon. Place red peppers, sugar and vinegar in kettle; heat rapidly to boiling, stirring continuously. Reheat to boiling, add lemon juice.
This Easy Red Pepper Jelly makes an amazing holiday appetizer! Serve this jelly over cream cheese and serve on your favorite crackers. With fresh red peppers, green pepper and jalapeño, this Easy Red Pepper Jelly is perfectly sweet with just a little kick! You can cook Red Pepper Jelly using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red Pepper Jelly
- It’s 6 large of red peppers.
- You need 3 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of white vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tabasco sauce…more or less depending on the heat you prefer.
- You need 1 packages of 85 ml Certo liquid pectin.
There were a couple of other brands of red pepper jelly, so I bought one but it was nothing like Stonewall's. I like a little spiciness, but not a LOT. The other brand was REALLY HOT! I couldn't eat it, it was so strong.
Red Pepper Jelly instructions
- wash, seed and coarsely chop red peppers.
- puree red peppers in food processor or blender.
- set a mesh sive over a bowl, pour pureed red peppers into sive pressing out and collecting 1 CUP of pepper liquid.
- in a pot over high heat bring to a boil the pepper juice, sugar, tobasco sauce, and vinegar. stirring to prevent scorching.
- remove from heat and stir in pecin.
- return to heat and bring back to a full boil. stirring constantly boil for 1 minute.
- remove from heat.
- it is important…to skim off all foam as it will cause your jelly to be cloudy.
- this makes 6 half cup jars. perfect for gift giving.
I took half of the peppers & half of the vinegar and put the mix into my blender repeat with the remaining half. The first time I ever had this kind of jelly was at a farmers market. The vendor had different pepper jellies. Some were spicy and others were sweet. He had some crackers and cream cheese to go with the jelly.