Jicama-Apple Slaw. This looks so great and I can't wait to try it! Does anyone know the nutritional breakdown for this? I did add some pineapple chunks and some bleu cheese crumbles wow!
Make it a meal: Serve alongside Sweet-&-Sour Chicken Drumsticks. Jicama apple slaw is the best recipe for foodies. If it is the favorite recipe of your favorite restaurants then you can also make jicama apple slaw at your home. You can cook Jicama-Apple Slaw using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jicama-Apple Slaw
- It’s 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of rice wine vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 of Granny Smith Apples.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of red onions diced.
- You need 1 3/4 lb of jicama.
- It’s 2 large of carrots.
Jicama is a vegetable with a crunchy. Using a food processor fitted with the shredding disk, shred the jicama and apples. Sprinkle with olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Before you start cutting, peel jicama with a vegetable peeler, then halve from top to bottom (a serrated knife works best).
Jicama-Apple Slaw step by step
- In a bowl, whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper..
- Cut jicama and carrots with julienne peeler or knife into long thin shreds. Add to bowl; toss to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 6 hours..
Take a fresh approach to slaw by adding crunchy jicama, sweet apple and tangy Greek yogurt! The dish is perfect for outdoor picnics or barbecues. This is my adaption of a recipe that I found on-line. I have posted the full amount of ingredients for the dressing; however, when I made this I did have a considerable amount of dressing left. Please dress the slaw to your liking.