Bo Bia Spring Roll. Spring roll wrappers are made of rice flour and water. How do you roll a Vietnamese spring roll? A general rule to wrapping spring rolls is to add less filling than you think.
Bò bía is a Vietnamese jicama and carrot spring roll that is traditional, refreshing and a healthy Vietnamese appetizer or snack. Bo bia is a lesser known variant of the famous gỏi cuốn (Vietnamese summer roll, or fresh roll). It is a similar concept but with different fillings. You can have Bo Bia Spring Roll using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bo Bia Spring Roll
- You need 1 of carrot julienne.
- Prepare 1 of chayote julienne.
- It’s 1/2 of jicama julienne.
- Prepare 1/4 of cabbage julienne.
- You need 2 tbs of vegetarian oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground pepper.
- You need 1/3 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 bunch of cilantro chopped.
- You need 1 package of rice paper.
- You need of hot dipping sauce.
Bo bia is the Vietnamese name for popiah which is eaten in China, Taiwan, Singapore. There are many different types of Vietnamese Spring Rolls (or Rice Paper Rolls, as we call them in Australia). They range from the well-known Pork and Prawn Roll to a simpler Shredded Pork Roll. Bo Bia, on the other hand, is a variation that uses carrots, jicama, Chinese sausages and dried shrimp.
Bo Bia Spring Roll instructions
- In non-stick pan, add carrots, chayote, cabbage, jicama, veg. Oyster sauce, ground pepper, salt and cook on medium heat for 10 min or until vegetables are limp..
- Last add cilantro and mix. Turn off heat..
- Get large bowl of hot water to dip rice paper in and put it on ceramic plate. Add veg. Filling..
- Fold sides in, fold bottom side up? And roll forward. Set aside on plate until you have a few of them rolled. Keep each roll from touching each other. Pour ready made dipping sauce in small bowl..
- If you dont have rice paper, can eat this as a side dish with fried tofu..
Vietnamese Jicama and Carrot Springs Rolls, or Goi Cuon Bo Bia, is a refreshing and healthy traditional Vietnamese appetizer and snack. It is rice paper wrapped around julienned jicamas and carrots, Chinese sausages, dried shrimp, ribbons of fried eggs and Thai basil. The bulk of these spring rolls are the jicamas. To roll, start with mint, a small piece of lettuce to cover the length. Add jicama and carrot, egg, shrimp, and sausages.