Vegetarian wonton soup. Find Deals on Vegan Soup in Boxed Meals on Amazon. The Vegetarian Wonton Soup Recipe is one of the easiest soups to make when you have the dumplings/wontons also known as momos ready. The wonton soup gets its full-bodied flavor from the vegetable stock.
Vegan-friendly wonton soup that is just as delicious as the meat version. These wontons are filled with tofu, shiitake, wood ear mushrooms, carrot, and ginger. Pour broth and water into a large pot over medium-high heat. You can cook Vegetarian wonton soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian wonton soup
- It’s 1 package of round wonton wraps.
- Prepare 1 bag of vegetarian morningstar ground beef.
- It’s 1 c. of small diced jicama.
- Prepare 1 c. of finely chopped carrots (pulse in chopper).
- You need 1 c. of small diced celery.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro stem finely chopped.
- You need 1 c. of diced cabbage.
- You need 1 tsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbs of vegetarian oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 of large carrot cut like flower.
- It’s 5 of nappa cabbage leaves cut bite size pieces.
- Prepare 6 of mushrooms sliced.
- It’s 1-2 of veg. soup bullion or 1 tsp mushroom msg.
Add napa cabbage, carrots, snow peas, and green onions. The soft marinated mushrooms paired with the slight crunch of the walnuts, oh baby. To make vegan wonton soup, first start by making the wonton filling. Add all the of the seasonings along with the chopped mushrooms and walnuts to a bowl and toss well to combine.
Vegetarian wonton soup instructions
- Add ground beef, jicama, celery, cabbage, finely chopped carrots, ground pepper, oyster sauce in frying pan on medium heat. Mix well, add seasoning per your taste. Lastly add chopped cilantro stem. The finer the ingredients, the easier to wrap in wonton wrappers..
- Fill a small bowl or dipping cup with water. Put wonton wrapper in left hand, use right index finger to dip in water and wet around the edge. Scoop 1 tbs of ground beef mix into the center of wonton and fold in half sealing it tight. Set aside and repeat this step until all wonton used. Below I put it in a container separated by saran wrap to put in the freezer..
- Various ways to make wontons.
- Another way…
- To make the soup… in a medium pot, boil water, add soup bullion or mushroom msg, flower carrots, nappa cabbage for 10 minutes..
- While you are boiling soup, boil another small pot of water. Add either fresh or frozen wonton dumplings and boil for 7 minutes. Remove dumpling into bowl and pour soup on top, seasoned with cilantro leaves and ground pepper if needed..
Set out the wonton wrappers on a dry surface, such as a counter, cutting board, or baking sheet. Moisten the edges of the wrappers with water, using a pastry brush or your fingers, and fold: pull one corner to it's diagonal and pinch, then pull the remaining two corners to the same point and pinch the edges closed. Wonton soup was never something I absolutely LOVED when I was a meat-eater, but anytime I see it at vegetarian Chinese restaurants, I can't help but order it. Either the wontons don't taste quite right, or the broth is just too bland, or something is just off about it. This vegan wonton soup is made with savory shiitake stuffed wontons and crispy napa cabbage in a light gingery broth.