Perfect Guacamole (reinvented). Guacamole Reinvented Once the flesh has been scooped out, halved avocado skins make pretty single-serving cups for guacamole; serve them on saucers, surrounded by tortilla chips. They make a tasty preamble to a chili supper or a Mexican-style stew such as Vegetarian Posole Stew or Chorizo and Potatoes Tinga. Great recipe for Perfect Guacamole (reinvented).
Scoop avocado flesh into medium bowl. Add green onions, cilantro, serrano chiles, lime juice, and garlic, and mix together with knife. Stir in tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. You can cook Perfect Guacamole (reinvented) using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Perfect Guacamole (reinvented)
- It’s 2 of ripe avocados.
- You need 1/2 of red onion, minced (about 1/2 cup).
- Prepare 1-2 of serrano chilies, stems and seeds removed, minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cilantro leaves, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh lime or lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of coarse salt.
- Prepare 1 (1 dash) of freshly grated black pepper.
- You need 1/2 of ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped.
- It’s 2 clove of to 3 Garlic, pressed (optional).
- Prepare 1 of Garnish with red radishes or jicama. Serve with tortilla chips.
See great recipes for Perfect Guacamole (reinvented) too! Get Perfect Guacamole Recipe from Food Network. A bowl of perfectly ripe avocados with fresh ingredients and just the right combination of seasonings, is what makes this recipe the Perfect Guac. The one thing you must have for any fajita or taco night is Guacamole!
Perfect Guacamole (reinvented) instructions
- Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avocado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl. (See How to Cut and Peel an Avocado.).
- Using a fork, mash the avocado. Add the chopped onion, cilantro, lime or lemon, salt, pressed garlic and pepper and mash some more. Chili peppers vary individually in their hotness. So, start with a half of one chili pepper and add to the guacamole to your desired degree of hotness. Be careful handling the peppers; wash your hands thoroughly after handling and do not touch your eyes or the area near your eyes with your hands for several hours.Keep the tomatoes separate until ready to serve.Remember that much of this is done to taste because of the variability in the fresh ingredients. Start with this recipe and adjust to your taste..
- Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole to prevent oxidation from the air reaching it. Refrigerate until ready..
- Just before serving, add the chopped tomato to the guacamole and mix. Serves 2-4..
Who doesn't love yummy Guacamole to throw on top of that taco or fajita! It is the perfect appetizer, dip, side dish, or snack. Guacamole Ingredients: To make this easy guacamole recipe, simply gather up the following guacamole ingredients: Avocados: The riper, the better. Diced red onion: I love the flavor of red onion in guac, but if you would like to make it a bit milder, just rinse and drain the chopped onion in water briefly before adding it to the avocados. The Perfect Guacamole I was talking to my friend Pati Jinich about this issue of "best" or "true" guacamole.