Jicama Salad (Shank aloo salad). Jicama Salad Jicama Salad is shredded crisp jicama & sweet-tart apple mixed with a mildly tangy salad dressing & is perfect. It's also a great jicama slaw on bean burgers & tacos. Course Appetizer, Salad Fill a large pot with ½-inch water and place sweet potatoes in water and cover.
Make the salad: Combine all of the salad ingredients. Let sit until the tacos are ready. Sprinkle the chicken with the chili powder and cumin. You can have Jicama Salad (Shank aloo salad) using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jicama Salad (Shank aloo salad)
- Prepare 2 of medium Jicama (Shank aloo).
- Prepare 1 of orange.
- It’s 1 portion of carrot.
- Prepare 1 of Lemon juice.
- It’s as per taste of Salt.
- It’s as required of Red chilli powder.
In the Philippines, it is popularly called 'singkamas'. The root's exterior is yellow and papery, while its inside is creamy white with a crisp texture that resembles raw potato or pear. See great recipes for Jicama Salad (Shank aloo salad) too! Today in Elena's Cuchina (which is Italian for kitchen) we will be making healthy Jicama Radish Salad, Red Lentil Sweet Potato Pasta Salad and Simple Organic Grilled Swordfish.
Jicama Salad (Shank aloo salad) instructions
- Gather all the ingredients in one place..
- Wash, peel and cube jicama (shank aloo).
- Peel orange. Cut each slice into two halves..
- Wash and peel carrot. Slice it thinly..
- In a bowl, add cubed jicama, orange and thinly sliced carrot..
- Add lemon juice, salt and chilli powder as per your taste..
- Mix thoroughly. Decorate with coriander leaves if you want..
Jicama is a root vegetable that I had never heard of until a year or so ago. Curious about the taste and texture this interesting tuber might have, I finally picked some up from the grocery store last weekend. I had read that it can be similar to potatoes, so I decided to mix it with fresh dill for a spring-like jicama 'potato' salad. Cut the jicama into thin slices, then sprinkle with lime juice, chili powder and salt. • Cut the jicama into bite-sized chunks, then toss with avocado, chopped fennel root and red onion for a. Grilled chicken or perfectly cooked steak and a big ol' side of this flavor-packed cauliflower salad.