Kahlua Trifle. Set the brownies aside, and cool completely. Poke holes in cake with fork and pour KAHLUA over top. Refrigerate several hours or overnight and cut cake into cubes.
Be careful, because if you make this once you will be asked to make it every time! It is chocolatey and creamy with hints of Kalhua and a bit of strawberry. To pick up the ingredients, I took my son with me. You can have Kahlua Trifle using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kahlua Trifle
- Prepare 1 packages of chocolate cake mix..
- You need 2 of (8oz) cool whip.
- It’s 2 packages of chocolate pudding.
- Prepare 1 packages of Heath bar pieces.
- You need 1 cup of kahlua.
We were also picking up items to make a a dessert that the kids were going to help me with (more on this below). Tips for making this Kahlua Toffee Chocolate Trifle Recipe. This is definitely a make ahead recipe so be sure to make it the night before because it gets better as it sits overnight. The original recipe calls for Skor bars but you can also use Heath Bars or any other brand of toffee chocolate bar.
Kahlua Trifle instructions
- Bake cake in two 8in round pans. Prepare pudding per package directions. Cut the cake in cubes.
- In a trifle bowl layer: 1) cake 2) 1/4 cup of kahlua 3) pudding 4) sprinkle heath bar pieces 5) cool whip. Repeat until bowl is full. Top with more whipped cream and sprinkle with heath bar pieces..
- For best results, let sit over night in the refrigerator..
Shrimp and crawfish and salmon – oh my!. Bake cake according to directions and cool. To assemble: In a trifle bowl layer in this order: Cake. Pour pudding into a bowl and add milk and Kahlua; mix well. Leave Heath bars in wrappers and pound with a hammer.