Kahlúa Bread Pudding. Toasted cubes of challah bread are tossed with sweet cream, nuts, and raisins to create a bread pudding that attains otherworldly levels of taste. This is a very chocolatly bread pudding with a taste of kahlua. Serve this warm treat with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Kahlúa Bread Pudding This is the first recipe that I have developed and shared. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family that I tested it on did. A well-flavoured, dense and delicious bread pudding that's enough to tantalise your taste buds. You can have Kahlúa Bread Pudding using 15 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kahlúa Bread Pudding
- You need of Custard.
- You need 1 cup of Kahlúa.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground ginger (optional).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg (optional).
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 8 of eggs (8-10 depending on the size of eggs used).
- Prepare 1 loaf of bread – A good dense white bread works best.
- You need 1/2 cup of Craisins (dried cranberries).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Almonds (slivered or ground).
- Prepare of Ganache (optional).
- It’s 2 cup of chocolate chips.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
The pudding is flavoured with Kahlua and baked with a wonderful caramel sauce. A rich and decadent bread pudding recipe featuring eggy challah, raisins or chocolate chips, and luscious Kahlua cream sauce. So, lessons have been learnt: if you have to quickly close the door on a smoke-filled oven, open a window; and if you are too dim to look after your dough and it goes wrong, make it into bread and butter pudding. Oh, and that Kahlua bread and butter pudding makes everything better.
Kahlúa Bread Pudding instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 8×8 pan with cooking spray.
- Cut enough bread into small cubes to loosely fill the pan. (You can over fill it a bit if using a fluffier bread).
- Mix Kahlúa, heavy cream, cinnamon and optional spices in a 4 cup container.
- Add sugar and mix thoroughly until it is dissolved. Taste and add more sugar if not sweet enough for you..
- In a separate container scramble eggs. You need enough to bring your custard to 4 cups..
- Add eggs to Kahlúa/cream mixture and blend thoroughly..
- Pour custard mixture over bread cubes..
- Sprinkle craisins and almonds evenly over bread/custard..
- Press bread cubes down into the custard until all the bread is soaked. If using a dense bread you may need to let it sit for about 30 minutes to let the custard soak in completely..
- Bake for 50 to 70 minutes. It will rise well above the pan rim. It's done when it feels dry on top and doesn't sound squishy when pressed in the middle..
- For optional Ganache, heat cream to about 190°F in stainless steel bowl over a pan of boiling water..
- Remove cream from heat and put chocolate chips into got cream and add a pinch of salt. Do not stir. Let sit for about 10 minutes. Gently stir with a whisk until smooth and shiny..
- Turn pot of water down to a low simmer and return the bowl of Ganache to hold warm until needed. DO NOT let any water get into Ganache..
- Drizzle warm Ganache over bread pudding just before serving..
Press gently, to moisten the bread cubes. Heat the milk and cream in a saucepan over medium heat until steamy but not boiling. Turn off the heat and add the chocolates, salt, vanilla, nutmeg, and Kahlua. While whisking, pour over the egg yolks/sugar mixture. Gently fold in the bread cubes.