Affogato / Ice Cream With Coffee. Affogato Coffee Ice Cream is a classy Summer treat. It looks and tastes fancy but takes seconds to. The hot coffee slowly melts the cold ice cream, creating a creamy, sweet coffee float.
The Affogato is a classic Italian dessert consisting of sweet vanilla ice cream topped, or "drowned" with hot espresso coffee. A sweet mid-afternoon treat or after dinner pick-me-up, this espresso ice cream is just what you need to survive the hot summer months (thank you, Italy). The most refreshing and satisfying sweet Italian coffee treats for a hot summer day. You can have Affogato / Ice Cream With Coffee using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Affogato / Ice Cream With Coffee
- It’s of VANILLA ICE CREAM OPTION 1.
- You need 1 small of cup of vanilla ice cream.
- It’s of COCONUT ICE CREAM COMBO 2.
- You need 1 large of scoop of coconut ice cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Espresso or any strong black coffee.
- It’s of OPTIONAL ADD ON.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of kahlua milk or bailey or amarula.
An Affogato is one of those things that you really have to try to believe. You have probably seen them on cafe menus like I had. It seemed a little gimmicky to me, so I never ordered one. All Reviews for Coffee Ice Cream Affogato.
Affogato / Ice Cream With Coffee instructions
- VANILLA ICE CREAM OPTION 1 ……put ice cream on a plate then top hot coffee with optional add on of kahlua milk , then enjoy.
- COCONUT ICE CREAM OPTION 2 …..Scoop the coconut ice cream onto an ice cream cup then put a shot of espresso and enjoy immediately.
Several hours in advance, lay ice cream on a freezer-proof tray and put the tray back in the freezer. A marriage made in heaven between Vanilla ice cream and your favorite espresso. After dinner, after lunch, or even after a nap… First, scoop one ball of ice cream and put it into the glass. An affogato (Italian for "drowned") is an Italian coffee-based dessert. It usually takes the form of a scoop of vanilla gelato or ice cream topped or "drowned" with a shot of hot espresso.