Easy Caramel Croissant Pudding. This dessert starts with flaky, buttery croissants. If that's not already decadent enough, those croissants are then drowned in a custard of homemade caramel sauce and baked into luscious bread pudding goodness. Hi there, Or So She Says readers!
This really is right up my street. I hate waste and love it when you can make something so beautiful from something that would otherwise have gone in the bin. What says autumn better than apples and caramel? You can have Easy Caramel Croissant Pudding using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Caramel Croissant Pudding
- You need 3-4 of Croissant (not freshly baked ).
- You need 1/2 c (125 ml) of Double cream or Heavy Whipping Cream.
- You need 1/2 c (125 ml) of Full fat milk.
- Prepare 100 g of Brown or White Sugar.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 shot of bourbon or Kahlua coffee liquor.
Here's a croissant bread pudding you'll serve year round. A while ago, I saw a bread pudding made with croissants and I thought that was a very good idea because the pudding would be rich and buttery because of the croissants. The buttery flavor and flaky texture of croissants make bread pudding so much better. This bread pudding is extra creamy on the inside thanks to the egg and milk custard the holds the croissants together and is flaky and a little crispy on the outside.
Easy Caramel Croissant Pudding step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Caramelize sugar by mixing sugar and little water in a pot. Make sure you don't stir the pot. Swirl the pot occasionally and until the mixture starts bubbling..
- Add double cream and whisk with a wire whisk. Also add equal amount of full fat milk and continue to whisk..
- Add a shot of bourbon. (I used Kahlua coffee liquor which gives a slight coffee flavor to the pudding). Turn off the heat..
- Break 2 eggs in bowl and beat it. Add the mixture to the liquid and whisk well. Make sure no lumps are formed since the content is hot..
- Take an oven safe baking dish. Fill the baking dish with (2 to 3 ) croissant pieces and pour the liquid over the croissant pieces..
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve hot..
Sprinkle granulated sugar evenly over bread pudding. Serve with reserved salted caramel sauce. In a small saucepan, stir the sugar and water over moderately high heat until the sugar dissolves; wash down any crystals on the sides with a wet pastry brush. Delicious croissant pudding which has a caramel flavour. The recipe is from Nigella Express by Nigella Lawson, and while it is definitely express, it is not the easiest of her recipes.