Spicy Steamed Kale. Trim kale, discarding the thick ribs and stems. In a Dutch oven, saute kale leaves in oil until wilted. Stir in the water, salt and pepper flakes.
Reduce the heat to low and add the kale, tossing to coat. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in lime juice. Don't skip the lime juice because it really adds to the flavor. You can cook Spicy Steamed Kale using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Steamed Kale
- Prepare 3 bunches of Kale.
- Prepare 1/2 of red pepper chopped.
- You need 1/2 of green pepper chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow pepper chopped.
- It’s Half of Diced Habanero pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of smoke paprika.
- You need 1/4 cup of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cumin.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped raw onions.
- It’s 1/2 cup of olive oil.
Place the kale in a serving dish. Kale is great as a side dish or in a smoothie, and you can't go wrong with steaming it. Steamed kale retains important nutrients, such as calcium, that are important for you to have. Luckily, steaming kale can be as easy as chopping it and putting it in a steamer or microwave.
Spicy Steamed Kale step by step
- Strip leaves of the kale stems and rinse well. Toss in olive oil, salt, cumin and smoked paprika. Toss in a pot on low water. Just enough to steam and heat to medium..
- Add all peppers and onions to the mix and stir gently.
- Cover and let simmer for 10 mins, uncover and enjoy..
Add some garlic or seasoning for an extra kick! This delicious blackened tempeh with spicy steamed kale and spinach recipe by Clean Eating With Claudia is a nutritious well rounded lunch or dinner choice. Marinated tempeh recipes provide a great meat substitution for carnivores, vegans, and vegetarians. The fried tempeh along with the spinach and kale recipes make a irresistible combination. Wilted kale is the simplest and most delicious way of getting that highly nutritious green into your diet.