Kale/carrot salad. Add the kale, carrots and radishes to a large bowl. Toss the chickpeas with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle with pinches of salt and pepper. A touch of honey mellows out the lemon-Dijon vinaigrette in this simple side, while a sprinkling of hempseeds gives the salad an extra healthy boost.
Slowly add oil in a steady stream, whisking. Kale, carrots, sunflower seeds, and fresh ginger combine to create this bright, delicious, satisfying copycat of New Seasons' popular Kale & Carrot Salad. This post may contain affiliate links, but don't worry – they won't bite. You can cook Kale/carrot salad using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kale/carrot salad
- You need Bunch of kale.
- Prepare 1 can of chick peas, roasted.
- You need 2 of medium shredded carrots.
- Prepare 1 of Avacado.
- It’s 5 of soaked and shredded almonds.
- You need 2 oz of pumpkin seeds.
- It’s of Dressing.
- It’s 1/4 cup of mayo.
- You need 1 tsp of dijon mustard.
- You need 1 tsp of anchovy paste.
- You need 1 of seeded and diced jalapeno pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 of chopped garlic cloves.
This Kale, Apple & Carrot Salad with Apple Cider Vinegar Honey Dressing is super simple to make and kid friendly. It is a tasty way to help your family enjoy raw veggies and receive the benefits of raw apple cider vinegar. This recipe for kale and carrot salad with a lemon dressing is tangy, salty and sweet with the addition of raisons giving a wonderful burst of flavour. This is a high fibre recipe which is both gluten and dairy free.
Kale/carrot salad step by step
- For roasted chickpeas, drain the can of chickpeas and pat dry them with paper towel.
- Roast the chickpeas at 425° F for 30 minutes..
- Get all the ingredients together for the salad, kale, chickpeas, carrots, avacado, almonds and pumpkin seeds..
- For dressing, mix mayo, dijon mustard, anchovy paste, jalapeno peppers, garlic and lemon juice..
- Pour the dressing on top of the salad, mix and enjoy!.
It makes a robust lunch that is easy on the waistline. Toss the kale, apples, and carrots together in a salad bowl and set aside. In a smaller bowl or jar, combine the dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. Taste and add sea salt or pepper as needed. Pour the dressing over the salad and massage it into the vegetables with your hands.