Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup. I no longer need to look anywhere else! This was absolutely delicious and just what I was looking to make on a cool Autumn night. Add the rice to the pot.
Combine half-and-half and flour in bowl, stirring with a whisk. Chickpea & Rice Soup With A Little Kale, Spicy Chicken And Kale Soup With Basil Cream, Cozy Autumn Wild Rice Soup Preparation. For the herby cranberry sauce: In a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients for the sauce. You can cook Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup
- You need 2 of chicken breast, boiled cooled and shredded (or use rotisserie).
- You need 2.5 cups of fresh kale, chopped.
- You need 1 of large onion, diced.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 3 of celery, diced.
- You need 2 of small-medium carrots, diced.
- You need 2 tbs of flour.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cream (half&half is fine).
- Prepare 6 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 3/4 cup of rice (uncooked).
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 of dried bay leaf.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir until thoroughly combined and top mushroom & kale. Add chicken, kale, cream & serve: Stir-in shredded chicken and slowly pour the cream over hot simmering soup pot. Taste and see if more salt or black pepper is needed.
Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup step by step
- In a large pot, heat oil with butter on medium high heat. Sautee onion and garlic until onion translucent. Then add your carrots and celery, cook for 4 min..
- Add the flour to the pot and cook for 2-3 min. Add your milk and cream to the pot. Cook for 5 more min, the mixture should be pretty thick..
- Add your shredded chicken to the pot and stir to combine. Add all of your chicken stock. Let this cook together for about 20 min. (On medium low).
- After 20 min, add your rice and kale to the pot, cook for another 30 min. (On medium low).
- The longer you let it cook, the thicker it will become..
- Note: if u boil bone in chicken for this recipe. Save the water you boiled the chicken in, just strain it to remove any icky parts and add that to your soup if you dont have stock..
- This makes a lot of soup, the leftovers are even better if you can imagine!!.
If you prefer thicker soup, mix more cassava flour with liquid from the soup pot. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. This Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup will go straight to the top of your favorite soup list! I used store bought rotisserie chicken and a box of brown and wild rice mix that I cooked up without the seasoning packet. While your rice is cooking, you chop and sauté the veggies.