Sausage Kale Soup. Sausage, Potato and Kale Soup Sausage, Potato and Kale Soup. Add kale, cream and sausage to soup; heat through (do not boil). Prepare the kale and set it aside.
Drain as much as the fat as you can. Stir in the red pepper flakes, oregano, chicken broth, milk, and half-and-half. Give it a taste and adjust seasonings as. You can cook Sausage Kale Soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sausage Kale Soup
- It’s 1 of medium yellow or sweet onion chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of of a Kale bunch (I like Italian) chopped.
- It’s 1/4 of of a whole Cabbage chopped.
- It’s of Carrots chopped.
- You need 3-4 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1 can of heat roasted diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of /2 pound sausage (sweet) buy bulk.
- You need 1/2 pound of sausage (hot) buy bulk.
- It’s 8 cups of chicken broth or whatever broth.
- You need of evoo.
- You need of Parmesan.
Try serving this easy, hearty kale soup recipe from Martha Stewart as the main course of a light meal. The kale soup will not only warm you up, but it will also give you the countless health benefits of leafy kale. The Best Italian Sausage Kale Soup Recipes on Yummly Stir in kale and cooked sausage.
Sausage Kale Soup step by step
- Sauté onion for 2-3 minutes in evoo. Add sausage, break apart as it cooks. Cook thru, remove from skillet/Dutch oven onto paper towels to soak up fat..
- Throw in chopped kale, cabbage and carrots (think! You want bite size so make sure you chop well.) Toss well, sauté with yummy pan drippings for 3-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper..
- Add sausage back in and toss with veggies. Add in heat roasted tomatoes, toss, and finally add broth. Stir all together, bring to boil and simmer 20 minutes..
- I like to add Parmesan to a serving, or see my Vodka Pink Sauce recipe. You can add a spoonful into your soup serving for next level flavor!.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. This is a wonderful Italian soup. Kale can be replaced with fresh spinach. Italian Sausage Soup with Kale and Beans – Hearty and incredibly delicious soup prepared with Italian Sausage, onions, garlic, kale, and beans! If I had a quarter for each time that this Italian Sausage soup is requested in our household, I'd be a thousandaire.