Kale and Gammon. To prepare kale, cut away stalks and thick vein along center of the leaves. Discard any leaves that are bruised or yellow. Fill the sink with water and a palmful of kosher salt (the salt helps remove any impurities) and wash the kale thoroughly to remove any grit.
Fill the sink with water and a palmful of kosher salt (the salt helps remove any impurities) and wash the kale thoroughly to remove any grit. Add kale by the handful, stirring to make room for more leaves. When all the kale has been added, add water and. You can have Kale and Gammon using 4 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kale and Gammon
- Prepare 1 cup of gammon chopped.
- Prepare 2 pound of chopped kale.
- Prepare 1-1/3 cup of water divided.
- It’s To taste of pink Himalayan salt.
Add all of the ingredients to a large stock pot and fill enough water to almost cover. Heat oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, stir, and immediately add ham (or pancetta or prosciutto). Place ham hocks on a cutting board.
Kale and Gammon step by step
- Chop the gammon and put into a pot. Heat it up and get caramelized. Add 2/3 cup water, bring to a simmer..
- Add half the kale let wilt. Add the rest and the rest of the water. Let wilt. Now add the salt. Simmer 10 minutes covered. Serve I hope you enjoy..
When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones; discard bones and any fat and gristle. This recipe yields the best tasting greens I have ever eaten! I have yet to have a batch of bitter greens when cooked this way. This recipe has the potential to change the minds of green-haters and may even bring about a cute southern accent. Blanching the greens before adding to the slow cooker helps remove the natural bitterness.