Kale with Canadian Bacon. Microwave the bacon until it's crisp and then blot away as much fat as you can. Put the wilted kale in the bottom of a sprayed casserole dish and top with the crumbled bacon. Add shallots and Canadian Bacon, continuing to stir.
Cut away and discard the stem from the center of the kale leaf and cook in same skillet until kale is tender, then set aside. For decades, Italian country cooks have simmered greens and buttery white beans together. A quick version from cookbook author Holly Clegg starts with Canadian bacon. You can have Kale with Canadian Bacon using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kale with Canadian Bacon
- You need 1/4 pound of Canadian bacon see my recipe.
- Prepare 1 pound of chopped frozen kale.
- You need 1-1/2 cups of water.
- You need To taste of salt.
Great recipe for Kale with Canadian Bacon. You get a lot more product from the frozen chopped kale. Its already wilted from being blanched. So it won't shrink and you know how many portions you will have.
Kale with Canadian Bacon step by step
- Add the kale with the water to a pot..
- Cube the bacon. Now if you don't have Canadian bacon, substitute with ham..
- Add to the kale. Cook till you get the kale to the desired tenderness. Add salt if needed to taste. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.
If you don't have Canadian bacon use a good ham. Serve with a little red wine vinegar as an. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Chop bacon, and stir into the soup until just incorporated.