Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. This spicy lentil kale soup is a hearty, delicious and pretty budget friendly. Made on one pot for easy clean up, it's like a little bowl of goodness for your tummy.
The title is a bit misleading because I actually didn't use spicy sausage, I just made the soup spicy. Recipe: Spicy Lentil and Kale Soup. This soup will wow you with flavor and hearty goodness. You can cook Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup
- You need of Kale.
- You need of Chicken.
- You need 1 lb of dry lentils.
- You need 1 of jalapeno.
- Prepare 1 of serrano.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- You need 3 stalks of celery.
- Prepare 1 of med sweet onion.
- It’s of ~6 baby Bella mushrooms.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s of Chile powder.
- Prepare of Cayenne powder.
- Prepare of Sumac (you can probably use a bit of lemon juice instead).
- Prepare of Paprika.
- You need of Celery seed.
- It’s 3 qt of broth.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes.
Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup Great for when you have half a rotisserie chicken leftover and want something a bit healthier than chicken noodle soup. Stir in kale, lentils, salt and black pepper. Stir in chicken,tomato, and , if using, fresh basil. Lentil Soup with Kale and Sausage Make a pot of this hearty soup on a weekend and enjoy the leftovers during the week; the flavor will even better after a couple of days in the refrigerator.
Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup step by step
- Dice all veggies relatively fine, reserving about half of the onion, all of the garlic, all of the peppers, and making a mirepoix with what's left. quarter mushrooms.
- Rinse lentils and put in soup pot. Add veggies and bay leaves..
- Toss reserved onion, garlic, and peppers into a pan with olive oil and carmelize..
- Deglaze onion pan with broth and add to soup pot..
- Dice chicken. Add to soup. Add leg and thigh bones if you have them..
- Add stock to soup..
- Salt and season to taste using the Chile and cayenne powders and paprika and celery seed..
- Bring soup to a boil. Let simmer till lentils are soft and flavors are married..
- Add kale in the last 10 minutes..
- Serve hot..
How do you make this lentil soup with kale recipe? Next, add all the spices and cook for another minute. Loaded with hearty, yet healthy, turkey sausage, lentils AND kale – this lentil soup tastes indulgent but will fuel you through til bedtime! A delicious, filling, healthy soup with a little spicy heat. One of the things I'm trying to do this year is eat vegan a couple of times a week.