Rice dish with kale and sesame seeds. The mild kale goes down deliciously easy by the forkful. With the nuttiness of toasted sesame oil, sesame seeds, and the salty/sour tang of tamari and brown rice vinegar, the balanced flavors make this a side dish that's not only healthy but tasty too. Even better, it only improves with time as the greens soften and absorb the flavors.
And of course, this means you get a double layer of coconut which is never a bad thing. Taste and adjust any of the seasonings to your liking, then serve. You can also add some red pepper flakes if you like things spicy, or a touch of honey if you prefer to soften the bitter flavor of the greens. You can have Rice dish with kale and sesame seeds using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rice dish with kale and sesame seeds
- It’s 350 g of cooked short grain rice.
- You need 50 g of (2 big leaves) kale.
- Prepare 1 tsp of roasted white sesame seeds.
- Prepare 2/3 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sesame oil.
Add in kale leaves, tamari, and toasted sesame oil. Stir through and turn off the heat. Add in the fresh herbs, parsley, coriander, mint. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and coconut aminos.
Rice dish with kale and sesame seeds instructions
- Wash the kale and cook in boiling water for 1 minute..
- Drain the hot water. Gets kale cool down with running water, and then squeeze the excess water out from the kale. Chop them up finely..
- Mix the kale and the salt in a large mixing bowl, and leave for 3 minutes..
- Squeeze the kale again to out excess moisture..
- Put the kale back in the bowl, add the rice, the sesame seeds and the sesame oil, and mix..
Pour dressing over the kale and, using your hands, massage the kale until the dressing has fully coated all of the kale. Top with the chopped roasted cashews and sesame seeds. Remove the kale from the stem and discard stems. Roughly chop the kale into bite sized pieces. Place the chopped kale in a bowl with the remaining kale salad ingredients and toss to coat evenly.