Butternut squash creamy pasta with kale & bacon topping. Creamy Pasta with Roasted Butternut Squash and Kale. This lightened up pasta recipe has enough rib-sticking power to warm you on the dreariest winter night. This easy, one-pan pasta is the ideal recipe There's plenty of sliced garlic, some butternut squash purée (sweet potato or pumpkin purée work too), and half a can of cannellini beans, infusing the dish with richness.
Enter this creamy butternut squash kale pasta! You'd never guess it was healthy. There's actually no milk or cream in it! You can cook Butternut squash creamy pasta with kale & bacon topping using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut squash creamy pasta with kale & bacon topping
- Prepare 1 of small butternut squash.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dry oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Provence dry herbs.
- Prepare to taste of fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 bunch of kale, coarsly chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of precooked real bacon bits or bacon strips cut in bits.
- You need 2 pinch of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 pack of long pasta like spaghettis or liguinis.
- It’s to taste of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
The secret to this creamy pasta is cashews! When blended with the butternut squash, they create the creamiest, most decadent sauce that you'd never guess was void of the good stuff. This hearty butternut squash pasta is made with a light white wine sauce, tender kale, and chunks of sweet, caramelized roasted butternut squash. It's easy to make and perfect for everything from special occasions to weeknight dinners!
Butternut squash creamy pasta with kale & bacon topping step by step
- Cut the butternut squash in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and guts. Lay on baking sheet, cut side up..
- Brush cut side with 2 tablespoon of olive oil, one for each half. Sprinkle with dry oregano, Provence herbs and fresh ground black pepper..
- Cook in preheated oven for about one hour at 400° or till a fork easily pierce through..
- Once cooked, put butternut squash aside on counter top to let cool down for about 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile, cook pasta as per package directions. Make sure to keep 2 cups of cooking water when draining..
- Scoop the flesh from butternut squash, put it in a pot or pan (I've used the same pot I've cooked my pasta in) and make purée with a spatula..
- Add in the garlic powder and some of the cooking water from the pasta, little by little, till you get a creamy sauce. You might need just 1 cup out of the 2 left aside. Blend it to your taste..
- Add in the cooked pasta and mix well. Cover and let sit on the stove at very low heat..
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon bits at medium high heat, addind the chopped kale little by little till it's all wilted. Add fresh ground black pepper, mix well and put aside..
- Serve the pasta in butternut squash sauce in 4 plates, topping with kale & bacon mix and freshly grated parmesan cheese..
When you have a house full this time of year, turn to this recipe for Pasta with Kale and Creamy Butternut Squash Sauce for dinner. This is a filling, vegetarian dish that's perfect for a Meatless Monday meal. Add the chopped kale with a dash of sea salt and pepper, and saute until wilted and crispy. Drain the pasta, and then pour the butternut squash sauce over the pasta and mix through. Fold in the broccoli and kale.